Strange XFCE Booting Bug

omega-weapon

Hi there, I have started experiencing a small bug with XFCE whenever I boot my Pandora (Or if I switch from MiniMenu to XFCE) that when it's loaded, it opens up the File Manager in my username directory.

I don't press any buttons, it just opens up. Everything else is working perfectly fine, and I can just close it and it doesn't come back until next boot.

Just wondering if anyone knows why it's doing this? I looked in the "Startup" menu and checked to see if it was in there, but nothing was in there.

Thanks in advance.

my advice here, is to close everything, and then hit the log out option on the menu. Then tick the "save session for future" option. (and then hit restart or something).

I'd bet a whole 10p that this is your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Maquis' method worked for me, but if I ever have the problem again and his method doesn't work for whatever reason, I will try yours SWAT. Thanks :)

Another way would be:

1. Menu -> Settings -> Desktop -> Session and Startup

2. Choose the Tab "General"

3. Check "Display chooser on login" below Session Chooser

4. Reboot and select "New Session" (or similar) afterwards

Now you got a fresh, clean session. Redo 1 and 2 and uncheck "Display chooser on login". Make sure "Automatically save session on logout" is unchecked!

Should boot fine from then on. It helped me getting rid of several instances of xfce-power-manager on my laptop.

Back