Stream My Game

sdmsanilover

Still Fresh
I stumbled upon this when i was web surfing, it advertises you can stream from windows to Linux. Could this be a way to play windows games on our Pandoras, even if only inside our homes?? this[/url

most likly not as the plugin or flash whatever it uses requires a proper computer system processor to run them.
not sure how the site works by just looking at it. but most likely works via a browser plugin.

i recon you could get it working via a desktop ubuntu but little else.

"It is compatible with all x86 CPUs and is also available for PowerPC CPUs. Any graphics card or integrated graphics chips manufactured in the last 5 years is compatible. Our Linux Player does not require any video acceleration."

So, no. It wont run with Pandora. At least, not yet.
They have to announce a ARM compatible executable, at the very least.

And the working link is here.
B!

BTW. Someone there has a bit of humor. The following strikes me as funny:
(Task) (CPU needed) (GFX Needed) (OS needed)
Sending Game Streams at Film resolution - Quad Core + Kitchen Sink - PCIE or PCIE2 - XP, MCE, Vista

Kitchen Sink? I assume they are trying to indicate a severe cooling need.

This has come up a few times before. I believe a forum member was even in contact with them. They expressed interest in expanding out to more mobile devices.

FYI though... I tried it on my PC's. Even on my local network and just using MS Excel, it was as slow as a pig from one computer to another. I have no trust in it.

Back