Suggestion For A Sticky For Noobies

Batman2

Still Fresh
I was wondering if some GP2X genius could create a sticky which would stay at the top of the forum topics for noobies.

The sticky would have suggestions of what to do before and after you recieve your GP2X.

Things like:-

Get 2600 NiMH rechargable batteries.
Do not use supplied batteries.
Format your SD card to FAT32
Do not use the supplied USB lead, instead use a card reader to upload files to your SD card.

and so on.

Appologies if one already exists, but I could not see one.

:ph34r:
Batman2.

(moved to suggestions ... though IMO, I believe all of those can be found in the FAQs and stickied topics already posted)

TelcoLou posted on Mar 27 2006 at 06:49 PM said:
(moved to suggestions ... though IMO, I believe all of those can be found in the FAQs and stickied topics already posted)

Yer but perhaps if there was a sticky that listed what to buy with your GP2X i think tht would limit questions about batteries in particular. I would happlily write a "complete noob guide" if nobody else wanted to do it (though i'm no 2X god).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Mar 27 2006 at 08:06 PM said:

Thanks Shikaku That is kind of what I was talking about, will have to take a closer look at it, I am sure there are others like me who might not know that it even exists.

Also a nice suggestion Jester
I see a lot of posts by people who seem to have the same sort of problems, like batteries and what format and size of SD card to use.

The Spider Mastermind I have read posts where people have said that the supplied USB leads have had issues with some people, like not being detected or being really slow to upload items to your SD card. Most people have said that the best way to put stuff on your memory card is to use a card reader and format the card that way too.

TelcoLou Thanks for moving to right section for me, still fairly new to the scene.

The Spider Mastermind posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:45 PM said:
Why not?
It doesn't work at all for me. I don't know what it's for. As I noob, I am supposing that the USB cable is for accessing the onboard filesystem. Certainly my PC won't see the system over the USB cable.

Luckily, my notebook has a nice, brisk SD card reader. But I imagine that if I were relying on the USB cable, I'd be annoyed.

Back