Suggestions for GPengine

Nutzo

To the talented authors of GPengine:

First of all great job! The GUI is sweet, and the emulation is off to a great start.

Here are some ideas I hope you'll consider:

1) Autofire implementation. As you know the original PCE pads had autofire switches for I and II. I think it might be cool if L and R toggled autofire on and off for those buttons.

2) Horizontal stretching for 256 pixel wide games. If might look crap, but it'd be interesting. If Gpengine can be optimized for more speed, maybe it'd be worth doing some interpolation.

3) 40 FPS skip. Why? Because 60 FPS is often too slow, and 30 FPS causes visibility issues for games that use flashing objects on odd frames. 40 FPS is a good compromise and unlike 45 it would scroll smoothly.

4) Seems there's an audio track missing for sampled sounds? Hopefully that can be added sometime.

Hope you don't mind these ideas, and thank you very much for sharing your work with fellow GP32 fans.

If anyone else has some ideas for GPengine post 'em below!

I think they already intend to add load states, saving is already there actually.

One more idea: (and it's really cool)

5) ISO support! Hugo supported this, so the source code to do it is available. The PCE CD ROM was no more powerful than the PCE, so aside from reading data off the ISO, the emulation core would be the same! This could actually work on the GP32. All you'd miss is the music, but the game and the sound effects would be there. Imagine Dracula X on a GP32. =) Music might even be possible via mp3's *maybe*, but that's asking the GP32 to do a LOT of work so I don't know if can do that.

Would that be cool or what!!!

Back