Release Super Geometry Dust

lovin this game, man!!! I like the nub controls, actually... gives it a more interesting feel... kind of reminds me of a PSX game who's name I can't remember... was a top-down alien/monster shooter that you controlled the player with the D-pad and the direction you shot with the action buttons (though you only had 8 directions to move or shoot, where THIS gives you more of an analog motion and direction for shooting, which I think is much better) and was VERY gory... I really gotta remember then name of that game so I can get it and re-add it to my PSX collection on my Pandora... but for the life of me, I can't seem to recall it!

MACHINE HUNTER was the name of that game!!! google is so cool, sometimes! :p

will remember to toggle wifi off via the menu and see if I still get issues with my wifi. I know that when I am not connected to anything, it attempts to connect while I'm playing the game (when I exit the game, the wifi icon is swirling) so it's actually communicating with the drivers directly and attempting to do stuff... what it's attempting to do is beyond me though.

This is really a classic, great, Pandora game! Well done man! I'm impressed and I've been playing it all weekend .. ;)

I hope it gets a few more features, I'd love to see new and different enemies evolve with new releases ..

I see a high score competition happening... should we pool together a monetary prize or a cool item for the first person to break 100,000 (or 1,000,000) with screenshot proof?

The control system I'd like:

Left nub or d-pad to move around (both active simultaneously, so you can switch)
Right nub to fire in a particular direction
"A" to fire in whichever direction your ship is facing

Would that be possible?

This game is really neat, but unfortunately I can't really play it right now because it keeps disconnecting the Wifi, and I have to reset my Pandora before I can use Wifi again. That's a bit annoying...

Uploading another update now. :D

Bugfixes:
- I *think* the wifi issue is resolved. Please report here if it still does it for you.
- Missing sound effects has been resolved (before, depending on what was going on, some sounds might not play)
- Fixed bombing-after-dying bug

Other changes/features:
- Slightly better-looking particles
- SCREENSHOTS! :D Press select at any time in-game to take a screen shot. It will be saved to the appdata folder.
- Brought dual-laser together a bit
- By default, provided it doesn't conflict with other controls, when you have a nub selected for movement or firing, you can also use the d-pad and abxy buttons for movement and firing, respectively.

Grab it here! http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703 :)

Hi,

Unfortunately the WiFi bug is still there :(

Thanks anyway for your work on this game, it's awesome !

EDIT: bye bye "Daisy" ! New hiscore: 563 610 :)

btw, you can't take screenshots of the hiscore table...

Bye, Magic Sam

screenshots of the hiscore table are important... can't really have a contest without being able to prove I creamed all you guys legitimately... :p

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
screenshots of the hiscore table are important... can't really have a contest without being able to prove I creamed all you guys legitimately... :p

Hiscore table is just as easy to tamper with :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I gave a look at that hiscore.txt file, and it's indeed just plain text :eek:

Maybe wermy could add some cryptography, like an hash function ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

I gave a look at that hiscore.txt file, and it's indeed just plain text :eek:

Maybe wermy could add some cryptography, like an hash function ?

Bye, Magic Sam
Storing name highscore then a salted md5 of the highscore would stop people being able to edit them

hmm... md5 is ok, but can be generated... file encryption wouldprobably be better... no one would bother hacking it for something so simple as hiscore bragging rights...

Update time! :)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=SuperGeometryDust-23703

UPDATE (1.4.1)!

New Features/Enhancements:
- New enemy: laser-shooting enemy that follows you up to a certain distance from you, and then fires on you
- New enemy: laser-shooting turret, which is stationary and fires at you when you are in range
- New bomb: decoy bomb (press the L-trigger to use), which attracts enemies and explodes after a few seconds. Be warned: these are hard to earn, so use sparingly! :)
- Various small gameplay tweaks

Bugfixes:
- Enemy-spawning delay when playing multiple games in a row has been fixed
- Inability to take screenshots in the menus (and high score table) has been fixed

torpor said:
Gravity Bombs!

You actually kind of got your wish! There are bombs that attract/distract enemies now. :)

BUG REPORT: I still have the problem with the latest version that, after a few seconds of play, some window pops up in the background and starts interfering with the GL context, such that there are texture glitches, and occasionally I see the network-password dialog. I think there is still something going on with mouse capture/GLES foreground-window context, because I think the X server is still getting events in the background, doing things, and blitting under the GLES context incorrectly.

Incidentally, I saw this behaviour in the early porting stages of Wakebreaker, where windows 'underneath' the full-screen GLES context were still active and blitting, but I haven't seen it since I patched up the GLES init code somewhat. Maybe there is something about that context being built that leaves X events active?

Back