Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 4 released

just flashed SZB4 and I must say that it is by far my favorite firmware for the pandora to date. :D

Most of the problems I had in B3 are now fixed and the touchscreen is a lot smoother in kernel 3.2.

I noticed in conky that zram is activated by default and I was wondering if it was possible to change the size of the zram?

Also, I made a launcher for the usb host because I use the usb quite a bit in my panda and I didn't want to fish around the start menu every time I connect a usb ;)

Concerning ZRAM: Will this mean that it will be possible (for example) to record audio in Audacity, and if I go over the RAM limit it will keep recording and won't freeze? How big can this virtual RAM get, and what happens if I run out of space on my SD card while using it?

Concerning ZRAM: Will this mean that it will be possible (for example) to record audio in Audacity, and if I go over the RAM limit it will keep recording and won't freeze? How big can this virtual RAM get, and what happens if I run out of space on my SD card while using it?
It will probably help but only to a point... ZRAM and some SD swap sounds like a logical progression

It won't write anything to the sd. It will just compress stuff, that is in the ram on the fly to a place ithe ram, so you can store as much data, as can be compressed to the 60mb or so in the ram.

Setting the Date and time from XFCE menu ---> Settings ---> Date & time hangs the machine on pressing Ok :(

EDIT: Tried it twice now with same result. First time I thought I had run something else in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Setting the Date and time from XFCE menu ---> Settings ---> Date & time hangs the machine on pressing Ok :(

EDIT: Tried it twice now with same result. First time I thought I had run something else in the background.
you mean the screen goes black? in that case just press a button on keyboard.

you mean the screen goes black? in that case just press a button on keyboard.

nope. Screen remains visible but nothing responds any more. no mouse movement, no keyboard presses. Had to Pandora-Key/power switch reset.

I still have the same issue as on the previous version, than my left nubs stops responding when I resume from low power standby, but when I remove the card from slot 1 (doesn't matter what card is in it), the nub starts working again. If I reboot the Pandora with the nub not responding, it will remain immobile when the Pandora restarts again.

I just flashed my Pandora whit this new Firmware Beta 4, and i pushed the Button to enable USB Host, but it seams my WIFI Dongle dont work, even if USB Host is on..

Is there a Diverence between USB Host and USB ?? I mean: what shall i do to make, that the Pandora works whit the USB Wifi Dongle??, In the older Kernel, it was plug and play, but why dosnt the wifi dongle work in the New Kernel???

Dunno if this is old, after firstboot it detects my Wifi and the box tells me to click to login, but when you do click it no menu pops up.

Clicking the standard browser icon in XFCE menu lets you choose between links and debian sensible browser - whatever that is, it's not installed.

And Jumanji hasn't been showing fullscreen flash videos anymore, I cannot tell since which update. Same goes for Midori.

Tried logging in to youtube using firefox 5.0b3, https page gives an error:

secure connection failed

security library: memory allocation failure

Error code: sec_error_no_memory

Same in Fifo 11, activating a swapfile does not help

Works in Jumanji and Midori

https problem also occurs with the older kernel

(why do ppl even bother with FF on the pandora. runs like molasses)

zLoud, please have a look at Jumanji's Fullscreen issue, this is the most awesome browser available!

Overclocking to 850 Mhz on OPP3 works in the old kernel. Using 3.2 at that clock speed makes my pandy crash.

v ScaroDJ is right, the scroll bar is effin huge. Finger-friendly yes, appropriate nyah~

Awesome work so far, thanks.

My report:

Suspend > resume won't keep the LCD brightness setting.

Scrollbar size is horrible, makes me think “why do I have a stylus for?” it takes to much screen space.

Screen goes black when changing the date and time for me too.

Apps:

Snes9x4p crashes on the rom choosing screen. Most preoccupying :p

Exaile crashes after the splash screen, this goes on and off with the HotFixes.

I was about to upgrade to b3 before I saw this, will leave it for after my flight though, quite excited to play with this one.

that new default scroll bar is a bit too think. although its easily adjusted. just pointing it out

that new default scroll bar is a bit too think. although its easily adjusted. just pointing it out
Kind of agree - takes up too much space - should be optional. I personally don't use the full desktop with anything other than stylus(and sometimes nubs or bluetooth mouse)

I find it very comfortable with the stylus, much quicker than aiming for something a few pixels wide. Horses for courses though. For those who want to change it, open .gtkrc-2.0 (located in your home dir) and edit the width. It is currently 25px.

This 25 setting is good for fingers too, so can be convenient although a bit large at start.

Back