Suspend/Low Power Mode kills bind mounts from USB drives?

blazing_grey

Still Fresh
Pretty much what the subject line says. I'm running a Pandebian chroot off a usb thumbdrive, and if I enter low power mode by sliding the power switch, all of my bind mounts have been unmounted when power returns, which rather screws anything that was running from them. ISTR this didn't happen when I was running from an SD card, but the performance penalty of that was just too harsh.

I did some digging through /usr/pandora/op_power.sh, but didn't see anything that would kill off bind mounts. One obvious explanation is that LP mode turns of the USB host port's power, but I also don't see anything about that in op_power.sh or any of it's friends. Am I just missing something? Does this happen directly at the kernel level?

Thanks folks!

Does line 165 onwards not unmount all mounted cards? No idea if this would pick up your thumbdrive or not, but it's the only thing I can find in that script that looks suspicious.

That was my first thought as well, but the usbkey mounts as /dev/sdX rather than a mmcblk, so I'm guessing that's not it (also, weirdly, how did the mounts survive having cards unmounted when I was running from a card?).

Back