Suspend Mode

tril10

Still Fresh
The Pandora reminds me of my old Sharp Zaurus, its just a little bit heavier, bigger and faster. :D
Anyway the Suspendmode isn't as good as on the Zaurus. The actual suspend scripts are only doing some underclocking (to 14Mhz) and display-off. This keeps the Pandora alive for approx. a day. I think this could be improved. :D

I did some googling on this matter and found that the "Archos 5 Internet Tablet" has support for Angstrom the Distribution of our Pandora and has a similar Hardware (at least the OMAP is similar, but without SGX).
I assume that Suspend is working on the Archos.
Archos released the changed code, so the changes they made to get it working, could be reviewed and stuffed into our Pandora Angstrom and Kernel ...
After looking into there released code it seams to me they only changed the Linuxkernel, but anyways a look at their scripts, too, won't hurt.

Could someone with an Archos 5 (IT or IMT) and an installed Angstrom confirm that, please?
How about the idea of adapting the code?
Who is working on this matter already?

Greetings

Well, the big stopper here would specifically be the SGX. If that driver can't suspend, there's pretty much nothing that can be done, since I believe it's a closed source module.

I do agree that it'd be worth looking at, though, just don't expect it to be perfectly similar, since there are a good few devices outside of the SoC that could pose a problem.

You are right its not perfect similiar, but it should be quite a good starting point.

I think the SGX driver supports Suspend-Mode.
Because the OMAP wit its included SGX grafics acceleration is an uC for embedded Devices. TI has an natural interest, if not opening the source, that it works.
At least that sounds sane to me.

Works Suspend on the Archos 5 with Angstrom?

Back