Sweet... Beats Of Rage Is Out :p

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Note* This isnt open bor yet, he said he will get working on it after his vacation. So the only thing that works right now is the original 50meg one.

Straight from Gp32 Spain Google Translation :p

canuda10 has carried engine Beats of Rage to GP2X.
At the moment one is a test version, with some graphical failures, without sound and with failures in the control, but it hopes to be improving it soon and to continue working in him when it returns from vacations.
When this port is more or less complete, it has predicted to put itself with the OpenBOR.

You can pillar it AQUI .
It needs pack original of the Beats of Rage to work, that you can unload in the official Web .

You can put your impressions and commentaries AQUI .

And.. Heres what the fella said in the thread with a bable translation :p

As I said in another one thread, I am carrying the Beats of Rage to gp2x. My forecasts have been fulfilled and I have a minimumly "juiceable version" (with graphical failures, without sound, controls that does not finish going well, etc) thing that already is a profit for my first port to the new maquinita; -) Aqui envio (necesitais bor.pak including in version TWO of the game, unloadable from its official Web http://www.senileteam.com/ I hope you criticize, suggestions, etc. It can which during this week it does algun release new with graphical adjustments, can that no. Later I go away of vacations and there will be nothing no new until half-full of January. As soon as port is but or less complete, then I will go to by the openbor, not before. Like always, donations are accepted to my account of paypal, that never come bad; -) 

ya.. time to dl it wee hees!

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,1,0,0,40,1039
here is it if any1 is interested ^.^

A shout out to canuda10 for porting it.
You can also dl it from gp32spain if ur having troubles with this one.

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 19 2005 at 06:32 PM said:
how well does it work?

Nevermind.. I got a broken file error when extracting, it must be corrupt, hope he fixes the file ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Drak posted on Dec 19 2005 at 09:38 PM said:
how well does it work?

Nevermind.. I got a broken file error when extracting, it must be corrupt, hope he fixes the file ;P

Um, it extracted fine for me ... Now I just hope I have enough freee space for some mods on my puny 256MB card :p

TelcoLou posted on Dec 19 2005 at 06:52 PM said:
Drak posted on Dec 19 2005 at 09:38 PM said:
how well does it work?

Um, it extracted fine for me ... Now I just hope I have enough freee space for some mods on my puny 256MB card :p

Darnit.. gib? lol i got this error.. several times when i try to open/dl it

Code:
!   C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\856RKPMF\bor[1].zip: Unexpected end of archive

Nevermind that, i dled it from gp32spain instead hehe.

Update added the cheesy translation.. It seems itll be much better sometime in januaury.

Cheers.

Testing this now ...

Well this is not good ... my GP2X no longer sees anything on the card ..

... whew! Re-booted, and all is well :lol:

... now to the testing:

Black screen ... maybe it wants the .gpe in the root ... let's try this again:

Okay, some 15 minutes later, I can't get it to work ... black screen. I have the killbill.pak file in a folder called "bordata", as in the GP32 version, and a paklist.txt file, formatted like the GP32 version ... nada.

:( / 10

Edit: Ah, I see your edited post, Drak ... so you need the original BOR pak ... which sadly will not fit on my crowded card.

TelcoLou posted on Dec 19 2005 at 07:13 PM said:
Testing this now ...

Well this is not good ... my GP2X no longer sees anything on the card ..

... whew! Re-booted, and all is well :lol:

... now to the testing:

Black screen ... maybe it wants the .gpe in the root ... let's try this again:

Okay, some 15 minutes later, I can't get it to work ... black screen. I have the killbill.pak file in a folder called "bordata", as in the GP32 version, and a paklist.txt file, formatted like the GP32 version ... nada.

:( / 10

Edit: Ah, I see your edited post, Drak ... so you need the original BOR pak ... which sadly will not fit on my crowded card.
Yeah, it isnt open bor rite nows so heh :p but he says itll come along.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 19 2005 at 07:42 PM said:
any screenshots?

I keep getting transfer time outs when using my mp3 player to xfer the 50meg file. So I really cant do anything untill I get a stable link. Hehe, hope someone else can test it.

Nevermind, found one ^^

bor_2bike.gif

I tested it. Works ok for a beta.
There is no sound (error message given at startup). The scaling is also very rough, causing the animation to be extremely blocky. The animation itself is very smooth and the game runs at full speed as far as i can tell. Im looking forward to a stable release.

also, DO NOT PRESS START AT THE MENU! it will hang the game. Just press one of the action buttons instead. Funny how it says "press start" :)

I like KOF and I like SOR.

I'm talking about the windows PC version here

but BOR seems very rough for me. I think it's a good idea but gameplay wise. it just don't feel "tight"

but then again it's good work for a fan design games

Hello everyone,
I have done this port, is an extremely unfinished test version, but I prefered to release this yesterday an then do frequent releases fixing the problems.
There is a problem with the controls which are not correctly mapped (right now, the "start" key maps to "esc" so it quits the game in the start screen. There are also dead zone problems in the stick, but I hope to have the controls working ok today or tomorrow (depends on when I'll have time to look at them).
There is no sound, and there won't be until middle january (I'm going on vacation on saturday)
There is no scaling, everything is done at native 320x240 resolution, but there is a problem in the data loades which makes most images look "blocky"
I hope to solve these graphics problems during this week too, to have a more or less good playable version (without sound) before my vacations.

I have only tested it with the original bor.pak.
bor.gpe and bor.pak must be in the same directory, but it can be any directory (mines are in /games/bor)

When it is running stable (and with sound) then I'll extend the port to openbor (so, probably on february).

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome!

geniv posted on Dec 20 2005 at 01:21 AM said:
I like KOF and I like SOR.

I'm talking about the windows PC version here

but BOR seems very rough for me. I think it's a good idea but gameplay wise. it just don't feel "tight"

but then again it's good work for a fan design games

i know what you mean, it lacks diversity, and options in moves. Theres no weapon around, and the combat strategies and gameplay arent polished enough. Still, its admirable for an homebrew project Lets hope it will be corrected in their new project. B)

Not all mods use OpenBor, like Goits Of Rage, which no matter how small your sd you should play, since it is only 8mb

Back