Tablet Pc

3Designer

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I know this hasn't got much to do with the Pandora but I guessed that considering the forum members here this is a good place to ask this. I'm planning on buying a Tablet PC and I was wondering which one people here would suggest me. I'm looking for one around one around 1000 euro's (around 900 dollar in US) and I'm considering the HP tx2550ed now. Anyone??:D thx

Megamixman said:
Really not a great place to ask.
Tablet PC Review is the site you want to ask at.
+1
i'd recommend fijutsu there nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Fujitsu U810 and I would asy avoid it if you are looking for a real tablet. It's took small to use as a tablet day to day.

Fujitsu have some great devices, but their software sucks and they don't update drivers regular.

For this case, intel updates their graphics driver and fujitsu need to make some changeds in a config file to say what will trigger a rotate and such. To get this update, I had to do the modification myseld, which took about 3 hours of comparing old config files. Most of the other Fujitsu specific software is bloatware.

Support is no help. I got the laptop from the states, but when I contact support in the (10) states that say they can't help me because I'm Australian which sells the U1010. When I contact the asian pacific place they tell me that my device code was brought in the states and to contact them, GOTO 10.

So, I'm not although it is a really nice hardware device, I would avoid Fujitsu in the future.

I've been an owner of the ST41021 for almost three years. And I'll tell you: using a tablet PC isn't all it's cracked up to be. You'll be badly missing the keyboard sooner or later (as I did). No screen keyboard can compensate, because you'll always have to use the pen to tap on the keys.

If you're seriously determined, I'd suggest you look for a touchscreen that you can operate with your fingers. The Fujitsu tablets are all wacom-based, I believe, so you'll have to use the pen, which is really annoying.

Just my humble opinion, aside from that, the Fujitsu Stylistic series is solid and acceptably supported by Linux (used Ubuntu and Debian).

Hope this helps you!

I personally have a Gateway cx2726 with a fine point innovations touchscreen (as do most fujitsu's), and personally I'd suggest trying to find a wacom tablet type tablet pc when possible if you intend to use linux at all, due to the fpit drivers being iffy sometimes (even the windows drivers are not quite perfect imo) and requiring a bit of custom configuration. Other than that I couldn't be happier about my laptop, after tweaking everything around a couple times I got to the point where I have an almost flawless dual boot tablet pc. Unlike some tablet pc's mine is actually a convertible laptop (meaning it has a keyboard, etc. but the screen swivels around and stuff), and I really couldn't imagine going back to a normal laptop after this due to convenience. I will note that I primarily use it in normal laptop mode, and only flip it around for drawing and such. I managed to fluke out and get mine for $1000 CAD including shipping, but I noticed that alot of Convertible tablets fall in the $2000 range... (and mine is even a 15.4" widescreen, where the others were 12") but mine is not so hand for carry use being the behemoth of a tablet it is... I'd say weigh your options heavily and don't settle for something that is almost what you want, you'll regret it in the long run.

Back