TAPWAVE

everybody is going to sell their gp32's and the developers will swtch to tapwave....... and the community will die. Here we have a great console (the gp32) with committed developers and great emulators and ports meaning you can use original game files etc... all set up. You dont need to get the new thing every time one is released. A bit of continuity is whats required.... i mean the gp32 hasnt even been released in Europe yet.
Stay with Gamepark!!

This community will hold for the simple fact that emulation isn't too easy on the GP32. Part of the fun is in waiting for the emulators and recieving new beta's with just that bit more speed for everyone to talk about. The Zodiac potentially is just offering it all up on a plate with only N64 and playstation emulation as a golden fleece or holy grail.

Anyhoo does anybody know the UK release date of this thing? I want one for Xmas.

I pre-ordered a 128 mb Tapwave2 last Friday. The basic / standard level SDK is free, and they seem to have a good road plan in place for supporting independant content developers.

I don't plan on giving up my gp32, and I don't think it will impact gp32 sales at all. It will definately impact Nokia ngage and Palm OS pda sales.

The company I work for develops C&S software. We had a ngage for a brief time for evaluation as a future platform. It was (imho) a piece of crap. I have been a Palm developer for a long time, and have sent a request to Tapwave to find out about getting pre-release dev units, no word back yet.

Toymaker

I live in the england and want to pre-order a Zodiac.

but i dont think i can get one from www.tapwave.com because they do not ship to england.

is there any way i can get my hands on one??

If you want a zodiac there is someone selling them on ebay, to be shiped directly after it's release. For infomation goto,

LINK

Theres a topic in the forum, with a link to ebay!!!

But also remember a GP32 is for life not just for Christmas!!!!!

You guys want a good laugh,i was just on a zodiac site that FarSight has a link to,and i found video of a space game running on the zodiac,this is the link to download it and watch it yourself from the website. http://207.44.176.77/%7Eadmin28/zodiacgame...r_zodiac_zg.zip the site also talks about the tony hawk skateboard game that is coming out for the tapwave zodiac not being 3D,but 2D instead! take a close look at this video and let me know if your willing to shell out $400 for that? i am a big fan of ATI,but i didnt see much in the way of 3D performance from that video,did you? anyway FarSight,i thought the site was well made and REALLY informative as to the capabilities of the zodiac. :blink:

Consolelou,

I've seen that footage not the best I know, ~I've played the pocket pc version the games is very playable but the GFX ai'nt to hot.
As for T.H.4, I reserve judgment because no one is sure about those pics just yet. Some show a tasty 3d renderd version, others a 2d isometric version (like the GBA versions of tony halk)
One thing is for sure Spy Hunter and Stuntcar Extreme and 3d and look hot.

Don't forget many PPL are going to by it purly for the home brew scene, as many loyal GP32 fans.
It looks like this may be the first console to get SNES and Genisis working with sound at a good speed, theres a lot of ppl out there who wold gladly pay $400 for a protable SNES/Genisis. Its already seeing support from many GP32 coders, Rlyeh and Skeezix who has already ported overcasterway.

The futures looking bright, but only time will tell.

Back