Teamspeak like, voicechat programm

I'm guessing that the best shot at this would be for someone to port Mumble to the Pandora. I haven't found any indication that this has been done so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Mumble is a big pain in the butt to compile... I've given it two attempts so far and both times I gave up at some time... besides I'm not even too sure how to setup the Pandora Mic for recording properly... somehow I can't get anything recorded from it.

It might be a pain to compile, but it's our best (if only?) bet for a voicechat program on the Pandora.

Things like Skype, Teamspeak, or Ventrillo are out for not meeting the "able to run on/be ported to the Pandora" requirements for various reasons.

Mangler is an open source ventrilo client that I've used on my desktop. Works pretty well as far as I can tell.

Going to port Mumble in case someone is interested. :rolleyes:

It's a evil port, as it requires some source modifications, but I think I figured out what stopped me from doing it before.

Coldbird, that's awesome! Once you get it posted, could you please put up a link to a github or bitbucket repository too? I'd like to see what source changes were necessary and whether those could be upstreamed so that Mumble won't need so much hacking to port in the future.

I tried to compile mumble with the pandora's SDK and the big problem is that QT4-OpenGL is required for the compilation ... Even if you don't activate the overlay !!! I wanted to delete any call to OpenGL but I think that many bar will not be present.

For me, the solution is to port QT4-OpenGL for the pandora with, for example, nanoGL (don't care about performances, it's just some menu bar).

I tried to compile mumble with the pandora's SDK and the big problem is that QT4-OpenGL is required for the compilation ... Even if you don't activate the overlay !!! I wanted to delete any call to OpenGL but I think that many bar will not be present.

For me, the solution is to port QT4-OpenGL for the pandora with, for example, nanoGL (don't care about performances, it's just some menu bar).
Yes this is one of the things that require sourceediting... however the Maemo-Source revision already did that for you... so just use that as base for a Pandora Build.

The problem I'm suffering from right now is libspeex problems... for some reason it wont find all of the recompiled speex exports... even though they are there... will need to take a look into this some other time when I actually have time...

For the moment I gotta do schoolwork...

Going to port Mumble in case someone is interested. :rolleyes:
I'm looking forward to this. I use Mumble to chat with my friends on PS3. Yes, PS3 doesn't support voice chat out of the game, and most of the games don't even have voice chat support, so we have to use an external way. I would love to do it from my OP, instead of having my computer on just for chat.

Mumble is a pain to compile at times on a regular desktop linux.. I was going to give it a try once I got some free time as well.

Sorry for getting this old Thread to the Front,but

Something happend on the Gamescom.

First Linux-Swat Phoned with his Slackware and Linphone over Nokia Headset and free over the Pandora Microphone.

Aand we have a real Chance for getting a Teamspeak ARM Compiled Lib for setting up an own Gui and have then maybe in near Future a real Teamspeak Client on the Pandora.

EvilDragon had talked over 10 Minutes with an Important Man from Teamspeak itself.

I hope that we hear News about that in near Future ;)

I've had the same problem now on both my laptop and on Pandora where Mumble uses a bunch of CPU even when it's idle and nobody else is on the server.

On my laptop it uses a little CPU and makes the fans come on, on my Pandora it uses a lot of CPU and halves the battery life.

At least it works, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back