Tech Giants Sony, Apple, Google Face Outrage over Privacy Breaches in Devices

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/5/6/tech_giants_sony_apple_google_face

Not sure if you catch this on normal news outlets, I don't watch them that often as I have cable internet, not cable TV.

Really seems like Sony screwed the pooch. I don't own any newer systems, other than a Pandora :)

Might be a good marketing gimmick for the Pandora "Open Source Out of the Box"

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I followed the Apple thing through The H, but the people who found it specifically noted there was no equivalent caching file in Android after they went looking for it. I'm seeing no new updates to contrary so I don't know where there getting Android has an equivalent caching file from.

There have been some other issues with Google, but nothing related to caching location I've heard about.

Apple itself was supposed to have fixed thing so the caching file stops caching ad infinitum on the 5th and the main hoopla was going on around the 21st of April, aka two weeks before this past week they attribute it to.

So that's two strikes out for the blog, and the Sony PSN breach should also qualify given they cast things as if it randomly barfed out its database instead of being under repeated cyber assault, with the suspicion the hackers were able to get at the data.

And if the blog was really on the ball they'd note the higher courts have already ruled as of 2006ish, for the US, that like Richard Stallman alluded they can without your knowledge of consent activate the device, use it as a bug, and otherwise. Not that governments using Echelon and Carnivore style systems strictly need to be above board on what they're up to in the first place. For people to just now start to recognize that anything on there is completely and utterly unsecured, as the devices are being able to specifically ID people based on voice and face recognition in many respects borders on the absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back