Telemarketing

Some of the things i say:

Qin wode pigu

Gan ni niang

Ni shi sha gua

Cao ni ma

Chi shi ni Diao

Yangwei Chun zi.

i dont know if i have spelt them right but those are some my brother Yang tought me( he calls me brother but hes just a friend of mine in beijing)

And some japanese:

Baka yaro

Ketsunoana

Kuso atama

Oushikoso
Kieuseru

Tameguchi kitten ja ney o

Obatarien

Bakeru
Anata wa baka yaro desu

Netenjya ne-!

Ittai nani ga hoshitenda baka.

Sure i could abuse them in english but this is more fun :D

When they call you several times a day just to piss you off its beyond trying to make a living.

They used to call and bullshit about free vacations and mobile phones untill i said "oh for fuck sake piss of out of it you wanka IM NOT INTERESTED TODAY AND I"M NOT GOING TO BE TOMMOROW SO STOP CALLING ME.

I was nice and polite up untill that piont.

Now they call atleast 8-10 times a week, thankfully most of those are when i'm out or at wok but i still answer 3-4 of them and just sware in Chinese and japanese like i said.

I even changed my number and they still call(the same people)

What really annoys them, is if you sign up to TPS, then its unlawful for them to call you and the company can be fined if they do so.. :p

Nobody calls me anymore :(

dosteridge posted on Oct 19 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
There are plenty of other ways to make a living without bullying, harrasing and generally annoying people.

They always seem to call just when Ive put my baby daughter to bed aswell :angry:
You obviously know a lot about job availability and the labour market both in the UK and in India/China. Please, enlighten me.

dosteridge posted on Oct 19 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
They always seem to call just when Ive put my baby daughter to bed aswell :angry:
Those dicks should be more considerate!

WTBGP32man posted on Oct 20 2006 at 04:39 AM said:
When they call you several times a day just to piss you off its beyond trying to make a living
So you get the same person calling you up several times per day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I used to be a telemarketer. :D

And no, it's not the same person calling you up several times a day ... you pass the list to someone else after you run through it; they re-call the ones that didn't get a sale. :rolleyes:

Worst. Job. EVER!

TelcoLou posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:10 PM said:

Worst. Job. EVER!
Tell us more about it, I'm in the mood for a telco-story :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:44 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:10 PM said:

Worst. Job. EVER!
Tell us more about it, I'm in the mood for a telco-story :)

- Alex

... not much to tell, I was ~17 and worked for some outfit selling subscriptions to the NY Post (newspaper in NYC). About 1/2 of a percent of the subscription price went to some charity, so we were supposed to emphasize that, making the poor suckers think the entire amount was for the charity.

I lost thejob because I cursed out some lady who was pretending to not speak English, so I replied "Habla Espanol?" (I would have transferred her to a Spanish-speaker person) .. she then said, in perfectly clear, annoyed English, "Look, I don't want your damn newspaper subscription, OK??!!?"

My reply; "Ohh ... all of a sudden you can speak English, huh?" Then she cursed at me, so I said, "Well FUCK YOU too!", turned around and saw my manger glaring at me. I was promptly fired before I got the chance to quit.

Worst. Job. Ever. "(

Aww, man, that's bloody great, we've got an insider here ;)

- Alex

WTBGP32man posted on Oct 21 2006 at 08:32 AM said:

I was watching this and the phone rang, and guess who is was, yes, telemarketing!! spookey eh

Anyway they were trying to sell me a wireless security system and ive just had a five minute argument with them about my rather large dog being a very good wireless security system :)

You obviously know a lot about job availability and the labour market both in the UK and in India/China. Please, enlighten me

Yes I do, but it is not my intention to waste my time in enlightening you, please feel free to conduct any relevent research that you feel necessary into such matters.

Those dicks should be more considerate

Yes they should, I am a very busy person with a very busy lifestyle. If I require something, I will investigate the product and then approach a company I have confidence with.

They are annoying, but, mostly harmless, but there are the ones whom con and bully money out of the vunrable, which is no better than common theft, and when you are being called out of the blue, how are you to judge the validity of the company.

clarky2o2o posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:47 AM said:
has anyone tried putting a telemarketer on hold?

Just curious
Yeah. I put them on hold and then I whistled down the phone.

I try to be polite but when you have an call from a telemarketing centre in India asking about British (yes BRITISH) Telecom I can understand them. I stand for awhile and just say what to everything they say and when they say something I understand I just hang-up. gonna give the murder investigation one a try though.

You know, telemarketers are usually people like college graduates having trouble getting a job and making ends meet, making shitty money doing a job that they hate, and everyone they have to call hates them without knowing them, too. Just tell them you aren't interested and hang up. Goddamn. I feel SORRY for telemarketers half the time, with some of the nutjobs they get-- like the one lady screaming about how she was an EMT and people died because her answering machine was full, and that her girlfriend's 'telemarking calls could actually MOVE' and gang-raped her. No joke either- real call.

Also my sister had to do this job for months once; she despised it and I can see why. Don't turn telemarketers into monsters, blame the companies' management...

Back