Temper And Cd Games

originalz

Still Fresh
Recently, I've been trying to play some PC Engine CD games using Temper. I've gotten a few of them to work, but a lot of them will show the company logo and then go to a black screen when the actual game content should appear. I can access the Temper menu for a few seconds after that happens, but then it completely locks the system up and I have to turn it off.

Anyone know if there's a way to avoid this? The rip appears to work since it does display the company logo and any sound that would accompany it, but I can't get any farther!

Weird. What games? What rip format? If it's WAV that's below 44.1KHz/16bit you might have problems. IE, it could be trying to play an audio track then crashes.

Not sure what kind of rip it uses, but it's affected a few games that have different file structures. Here's an example of two of them:

tmpr1.png

tmpr2.png

Exact same problem on both of these games, they boot up and play the company logo with any associated song, but crash right afterwards.

Determine the format of the WAVs. If you can't do that then upload the smallest one somewhere.

1441kbps/16 bit rate/44khz. The music files play fine in a computer, seems to be no difference from the games that do work.

I uploaded them anyway in case something is odd about them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/318858453/sample.rar.html

Back