Terminal not opening after installing development packages.

meaty

Still Fresh
Hello,

Just tried opening the terminal, and this error pops up:

Failed to execute default Terminal Emulator.

Input/Output error.

It was working fine earlier in the session. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just found this out: the pandora button doesn't bring up the kill menu and I can't disable wifi, nor does the root terminal recognise my password.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sebt3, reflashing now.

Update:

Okay, it seems to happen when I run the commands (straight from the thread http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53964-cross-compiling-is-bollocks-toolchains-are-bollocks-use-your-pandora-to-build-apps/):

sudo bash

opkg update

opkg install gcc_4.3.3 gcc-symlinks gcc-doc make_3.81 make-dev binutils-dev vim_7.2 vim-syntax

opkg install cpp cpp-symlinks

opkg install g++_4.3.3 g++-symlinks

opkg install libstdc++-dev

When I try to ssh into the pandora, I get the error:

-bash: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I remember getting a similar error before I reflashed when I tried to run Vim, straight after installing the libstdc++ package.

Is there any fix or do I reflash again? If I reflash, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong when trying to install the development tools?

Starting recently ncurses5 is required to keep this stuff from happening.

Code:
sudo opkg update

sudo opkg install ncurses5

Then the rest.

Excellent, thanks mindlord.

I try it out and it comes out with

Code:
:~$ sudo opkg install ncurses5

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ncurses5.

Strangely, it also makes DeadBeef start stuttering while it's trying to install ncurses5. Actually, this happens whenever any opkg installing takes place.

Update: I did

Code:
sudo opkg install ncurses
and it seems to be working. I'll see how this goes and come back with an update.

After

Code:
opkg install gcc_4.3.3 gcc-symlinks gcc-doc make_3.81 make-dev binutils-dev vim_7.2 vim-syntax

it comes out with

Code:
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gcc_4.3.3.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package make_3.81.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package vim_7.2.

but I can relaunch terminal/vim no problems.

Update: I did

Code:
sudo opkg install ncurses
, and it seems to be working. I'll see how this works out and come back with an update.
Sorry meant to say:

Code:
sudo opkg install libncurses5

So try that if the problem persists. Worked for me anyways.

Sweet, I just tried that and it's telling me it's up to date. I'm still getting errors, the most recent being

Code:
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package g++_4.3.3.

Woh, lots of errors on the last one.

Code:
sudo opkg install libsdl-1.2-dev libsdl-gfx-dev libsdl-image-1.2-dev libsdl-mixer-dev libsdl-net-1.2-dev libsdl-ttf-2.0-dev

Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libpng-dev wants to install file /usr/bin/libpng12-config

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: libpng

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libpng-dev wants to install file /usr/bin/libpng-config

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libsdl-gfx-dev.

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libpng-dev wants to install file /usr/bin/libpng12-config

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libpng-dev wants to install file /usr/bin/libpng-config

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libsdl-image-1.2-dev.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libsdl-mixer-dev.

Wavebreaker seems to compile with one error

Code:
main.cpp:22:27: error: SDL/SDL_image.h: No such file or directory

Any more dependencies I'm missing? How would I find out what to get myself? A bit of a linux n00b here =)

[edit] Alright, got it working! I did

Code:
sudo opkg install libpng-dev --force-overwrite

sudo opkg install libsdl-image-1.2-dev

Back