Termula2x 0.3.0 "su" Released

canavar

Still Fresh
Website
www.fehmicans.net
i have released termula2x 0.3.0. this release has a new transparent and floating on-screen keyboard.
termula2x-0.3.0-1.png
termula2x-0.3.0-2.png

gp2x f-200 users had better use "termula2x-f-200.gpu" because the button map and on-screen keyboard layout is specially designed for f-200. on-screen keyboard is split into pages and it has bigger buttons to be able to "touch" easily.
termula2x-0.3.0-3.png

gp2x f-100 users had better use termula2x-f-100.gpu which has smaller buttons in only one keyboard page.

as a request you can now disable the background image by commenting out the background entry in your configuration file.
======================================================
= default buttons F-200
quit=select+start
cursorLeft=left
cursorRight=right
cursorUp=up
cursorDown=down
tab=a
selectConfig=select+l
ctrl=voldown
shift=volup
alt=select+voldown
esc=select+volup
capsLock=select+r
screenShot=start+r
toggleKeyboardVisibility=b
nextScreen=l
floatUp=y : move on-screen keyboard up
floatDown=x : move on-screen keyboard down

= default buttons F-100
quit=select+start
left=left
right=right
up=up
down=down
cursorLeft=select+left
cursorRight=select+right
cursorUp=select+up
cursorDown=select+down
tab=click
sectionLeft=l
sectionRight=r
selectConfig=select+l
ctrl=voldown
shift=volup
alt=select+voldown
esc=select+volup
capsLock=select+r
screenShot=select+click
insert=a
enter=b
backspace=x
space=y
toggleKeyboardVisibility=start+r
floatUp=start+volup : move on-screen keyboard up
floatDown=start+voldown : move on-screen keyboard down

Works really well, it'd be nice if the keyboard was in qwerty configuration, or if users could specify their own configuration, if only for the letter keys. Great work, thanks for this!

narmak said:
Works really well, it'd be nice if the keyboard was in qwerty configuration, or if users could specify their own configuration, if only for the letter keys. Great work, thanks for this!
thanks!
termula2x is fully configurable. inspect the file termula2x.ini and vkeyboard.cfg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, it is much easier to hit the buttons with the stylus now. There is one major problem, though: the auto-repeat delay is much too short, so you very frequently go to hit a button and it will output two or three of the key. I tried to find a configuration option to turn it the delay up, but found nothing. I think the delay needs to be set at a second or more.

I am never shy about making suggestions, so will continue to make some :) First, one customization I want to make but don't think can be made is this:

I wanted to make the OSK switch between Page 1, Page 2, and off. Basically, I want to flip between 3 pages with the one L Trigger button, with the third page being completely blank so the keyboard is essentially turned off. Maybe this can be done though just configuration files? I am too busy working on Open2X stuff to experiment very much right now

Second suggestion is one that can be fixed very easily by modifying current configuration files, but is something I think maybe should be made default, you decide: make the "Space" and "Backspace" buttons that are on the first page of F200 OSK equal width, instead of having a small space and extra-large backspace. Small issue, but I also use space a lot :)

Anyways, this is very very nice thank you Canavar :)

Back