Termula2x For Wiz

dsamblas

Still Fresh
Website
www.tuxbrain.com
As have already post it on GP32Spain.com, enough literacy has been added in the blog post and an image is clearer than one thousand words

At the end of the post you will find the downloable binaries and the modified sources.
Enjoy!

As have already post it on GP32Spain.com, enough literacy has been added in the blog post and an image is clearer than one thousand words

At the end of the post you will find the downloable binaries and the modified sources.
Enjoy!
Looks like this is a very early version of termula2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is, 0.13 version (trunk) in svn, it was my first port and I want to make the code as simple as possible to start, and as I already post in devel forum, I have problems with touch screen so the fancy floating transparent keyboard of the 0.30 will not work either, once solve the touchscreen issue I will port the 0.30

Yes it is, 0.13 version (trunk"] in svn, it was my first port and I want to make the code as simple as possible to start, and as I already post in devel forum, I have problems with touch screen so the fancy floating transparent keyboard of the 0.30 will not work either, once solve the touchscreen issue I will port the 0.30[/quote]Well keep us posted, I actually recompiled termula2x, it may have been 0.30, but it loads and then stops. So if you get it working I would be very interested on what the problem is.

Yes it is, 0.13 version (trunk"] in svn, it was my first port and I want to make the code as simple as possible to start, and as I already post in devel forum, I have problems with touch screen so the fancy floating transparent keyboard of the 0.30 will not work either, once solve the touchscreen issue I will port the 0.30
Well keep us posted, I actually recompiled termula2x, it may have been 0.30, but it loads and then stops. So if you get it working I would be very interested on what the problem is.

Take a look at line 1215
CODE
char *bash_args[2] = {"/bin/bash", NULL};
wiz doesn't use bash, it use ash so replace it by
CODE
char *bash_args[2] = {"/bin/ash", NULL};[/quote]recompile a try again

sorry im going to sounds noob but whats this do it looks cool
It lets you run a terminal that is displayed on the screen. You can run applications from it. i was hoping it might help debug programs when they are run.

Update: I made that change and in fact it does run now. Although the terminal text is coming up as lines. The keyboard options at the bottom look good.

hello! and pickle me this...(I suddenly have the urge to make a sandwich :p )

does this app allow one to do MORE than the scripting that can be done in gpe/gpu scripts?

I'm hoping to change file names, including file extensions, with a script....can I do this with Termula2x? or can I just as easily do it with a gpe script?

I've tried the 'mv' command in a gpe file with no luck.

-Johnnie

It lets you run a terminal that is displayed on the screen. You can run applications from it. i was hoping it might help debug programs when they are run.
Update: I made that change and in fact it does run now. Although the terminal text is coming up as lines. The keyboard options at the bottom look good.

sorry I don't understadn what you say with "Although the terminal text is coming up as line" can you explain a little more?

sorry I don't understadn what you say with "Although the terminal text is coming up as line" can you explain a little more?
i mean literally horizontal white lines, like the text size was way to small and it converted it to a line

Can you connect a keyboard to the Wiz yet, or maybe in the future?
Generally speaking the virtual keyboard in termula2x is pretty good, but nothing beats a real keyboard with real buttons. (it's just so much faster)

The Wiz supports USB Host (Not working yet) so the answer is yes...

Regards,
Stephan

Can you connect a keyboard to the Wiz yet, or maybe in the future?
Generally speaking the virtual keyboard in termula2x is pretty good, but nothing beats a real keyboard with real buttons. (it's just so much faster)

I hope someone make g_ether module working (Network over USB) and just ssh to it Big screen+Keyboard+charging even faster and last long :)

Back