Tetrablocks Puzzle Game

Phaxan

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi there

For those interested in puzzle games, I've posted my first game release yesterday on gp2x.de :

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,2530

tetrablocks.png

It's a tetris clone as you can see, I wanted to begin with something simple ( ages since I stopped programming ). Code, gfx and sounds by myself. The exe is very small because I failed making a static version ( under DevC++/SDL package, it's just black magic ).

By the way if someone is a makefile master, I desperatly look for a solution to make the MOD/XM player from SDL_mixer working on my F200 ( for some reason it's ok on the PC release but no sound on the GP ).

I have modules made when I was younger that could be suitable for a shoot'em up :) ( next project ).

Does look good, I must say. It's been a long time, actually, since anyone's brought out a tetris clone (for the 2x at least).

Will try it out in due time :)

I downloaded this two weeks ago but only now did I get around to updating my GP2X with all the new goodies that were recently released. I like this game very much, it's a quality Tetris remake. The graphics look great, and the panel showing 3 pieces ahead instead of the usual 1 is a nice touch. :)

Thanks for your kind comments :lol:

My next step is a horizontal shooter inspired by those block busters on Megadrive ( ThunderForce, Gaiares ) and some from the excellent PC Engine ( Star Soldier series, Gunhead, Burning Angels, yeah because of the 2 sexy pilote girls :rolleyes: )

Hard times to come but the pleasure should be at the "rendez-vous" if I succeed in :)

By the way, I've compiled a lib mod player ( modplay 0.66 ) for my current project , it takes 20 fps to play a 4 channel mod, is this acceptable ?

I can't manage compiling in static mode with other devkits, so I stick at GPH one ( that explains the 40 ko Tetrablocks executable ) but with this one no module playing workable so I had to find another way.

Actually playing with a main ship with, 2 bullets, an enemy, a music and a scrolling background, the fps counter runs at 65 fps. It's fair but there is no collision at all so I expect to not falling under 50 fps after integrating this ( plus a real Tiled map instead of my big 640*240 dummy background ).

Stay tuned !

Take a look at the GP2X wiki articles on setting up DevKitGP2X with an IDE - Devcpp, CodeBlocks. Alternatively, pick up Yaustar's premade CodeBlocks package from the archives.

libmikmod from DevKitGP2X is great for playing mods, I'm sure its toll is lighter than 20fps.

I'm looking forward to your next game, there haven't been many original GP2X space shooters :)

Back