Tetris Battle Gaiden

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
A few years ago now I was looking though a copy of Games TM and in there retro sections they wrote about this game. Tetris Battle Gaiden is similar to the original Tetris game but contains a cool twist on the idea; You have special powers. When you start the game you can select your character, each character has there onw set of special moves. (my fave is is the halloween dude). Anyways when playing the game some of the blocks have circle things in them, getting a line through these gives you 1 block on your special bar. When you have 1 or more of these you can execute a special move with the select button, this special move changes the more blocks you have. The special move can do things like put ur openent into darkness (so they cant see there blocks) etc.

The game is in Japanese but as its a tetris game it doesent really matter. I played this game mainly on DreamSNES but it works pretty well on OS9XGP (not tested it on .3 but it worked well on .2 (there was a transparency issue but it wasent too big).

Overall I give this game: 8/10.

/bad english

edit: ill get some screenshots up when I fix my computer problems ;)

Fans of this game might want to try Ah! My Goddess GP, a commercial quality, but free, tetris clone for the GP32. It similarly has selectable characters and special moves. And a very very very nice water effect on the menu (though weighing in at 30mb or so its too heavy for me).

It may not be here anymore; remember those tetris people who wanted all clones removed? Well, since it predates them it may have been removed. Do however check Gp32spain and GP32news (where I originall got it from) if you're interested...

I read, there is a striped down version of that game, which doesn´t contain music. does anybody know, where to get it?

For the impatient.
tetrisbg.JPG

Also, if you have trouble finding the game, Tetris Butou Gaiden is the same game.

Back