Tetrisphere N64 black globe.

C

CocoCreekFisherman

I realize N64 Mupen has been threaded to the hilt.

One of my favorite games for this system is Tetrisphere 64  which as you may imagine is a rather unique twist of Tetris in global format. Which brings me to my problem of the globe containing  geometrical tetris blocks being dark black whereas normally the globe with it's geometrical blocks is multi colored. Thus making block placement and compatibility easier vs 'being in the dark' so to say.

Yes I did turn up brightness but to no avail. B)   I was curious to inquire if anyone else plays this game differently than I ??

Control and sound are spot on and the intro menu screen shows all proper colors.

I could compare this deficit to playing standard Tetris with colored blocks falling into a blackened bottom and one guessing where they might fall properly.

Last edited:
Did you play around with the graphics plugin options a bit?

This sounds like some texture corruption.

I don't think so..

TEXTURE settings..

2XSAI=0

force bilinear =0

max anisotropy =0

texture use IA=0

texture fast CRC=1

texture pow2=1

What do you think?

Last edited:
Did you play around with the graphics plugin options a bit?

This sounds like some texture corruption.
^^^ Is this correct?....previous post  :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If it's all black it could be lighting is en/dis-abled.

Lighting can be turned off for some games (I think Ridge Racer 64 requires it to be off)

I don't think it's texture corruption from your description...

If it's all black it could be lighting is en/dis-abled.

Lighting can be turned off for some games (I think Ridge Racer 64 requires it to be off)

I don't think it's texture corruption from your description...
enable lighting =1..changed it to =0 and this solved the problem!!

Thank you so much for your help PokeParadox!!  :D

Last edited:
it's a pity there's no easy way of adapting the config for this on a game-by-game basis? I keep an older version of this PND on one of my cards simply because it'll run Mario 64 at full 640X480 without my having to go in and change any files/alter graphics driver etc... :huh:

Back