Tetwiz

Cool tetris game, the graphics look beautiful. I like the effect when you clear a line, it's a nice touch.

One suggestion, it seems like moving the pieces left and right only takes effect after you let go of the buttons - the controls would feel more responsive if the pieces moved as soon as the buttons are pressed.

Thanks!

One suggestion, it seems like moving the pieces left and right only takes effect after you let go of the buttons - the controls would feel more responsive if the pieces moved as soon as the buttons are pressed.
Thanks for Critics!

The case of the movement of the blocks was also pointed out in that way in the german forum.
In Fact, I don´t know why this control you and others describe "as more responsive" would be better?
You´ve always have to wait till an intervall, given by the program, moves your block. In my version you can move the block as fast as your fingers are (which can be quite helpful if the field is almost full and you may not have that time to wait).
Also, I like the "buttonsmashing": you´ll not only need intelligence but skill, too.

Or do I get something wrong here?

(Sorry for my bad English; School-Time´s long ago...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I think it would be better is because it would be faster. Let's say you want to move a piece only one space: you need to press the button and then let go of it, instead of only needing to press it. It's natural to let go of a pressed button, but I'm just not used to doing so fast enough.

Of course, it would be boring if all games behaved the same. Differences like this are not bad, just something that I noticed at the beginning.

Back