The Big Tech Deals Thread.

Gruso said:
Your call. My intention was to help reduce the clutter in the Pandora forum (I've lost track of how many SD card threads I've seen, all of them technically off topic). I won't bother to maintain it here.
Agreed. It would have been better to just lock it. Moving it defeated the purpose of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing this forum definitely does not need is a sort of ... catch-all SDHC card thread.

Ahem.

ShyGuy said:
The one thing this forum definitely does not need is a sort of ... catch-all SDHC card thread.

Ahem.
It has one, which is where this thread got merged.

Chip said:
It has one, which is where this thread got merged.
If this was named a little differently, I'd have kept it in the Pandora thread and stickied it. "Pandora Deals thread" or something. It would certainly be nice to have a thread like this up there and maintained. Your dev updates thread is very nice to check up if you haven't been around for a few days, and I think it' be nice for forumers to be able to browse their options for SD cards or cases that fit.

I request the thread be moved back, but yeah, your call.

For those looking for an external, battery-powered hard drive, there is a new product that will work nicely. It isn't cheap, but you transfer files to and from the device directly to a SD card for the Pandora or Wiz, or use it as an external HD with the Pandora.

amazon1.png

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Card-...cp_ob_e_title_0
Maybe you can get it for your camera or something else, or just to fill up the 2nd slot on the pandora.
It is meant to buy in bulk, but I don't think amazon cares as they show you can just get one. I am sure that the shipping hardly rises if you get like 5 more though.

Milamber777 said:
Just a heads up. You'll possibly find a better deal on Black Friday / Cyber Monday. However, I picked one up just in case, and as a fallback.

http://www.supermediastore.com/pqi-sdhc-16...emory-card.html

PQI 16GB SDHC Class 6 card for $27.99 and free shipping (and NO rebate needed!)

Figured one couldn't hurt, and if I find another for less on BF / CM, all the better.

Thanks - I just ordered one! I hate BF/CM - but if there's a better deal I can't see it being that much better than $28 for a 16GB Class 6 card. Unless of course it turns out to be a 1GB class 2 card by the time it arrives :)

But thanks.

Back