The Communication Cube

Also reminds me of an NDE I read once of a guy who encountered his dead friend. His friend was convinced he was still alive.

Makes me think deaths just split the timeline, or something like that. Whenever someone dies on your timeline, you die on their timeline. Doesn't make either timeline the correct one.

Actually, I'm still skeptical about multiple timelines. I just don't know how else to explain the death phenomenon.

Reactions: rSl
Whenever someone dies on your timeline, you die on their timeline.
Well, technically you live in the world your perspective machine calculates to be a representation of what the sensory input suggests. So, when your PM stops functioning, your world ends and thus everything in it. So, yeah.
I just don't know how else to explain the death phenomenon.
One stops functioning. The end. ;) Your tv stops working -> dead (the tv, not you).

Most TVs can be repaired if you know what you're doing. Unfortunately, no engineer yet knows the human body well enough to do the same with us ;)

Edit: Though to be fair a number of human body engineers, commonly known as doctors are able to cure simple things that would without treatment distinctly shorten your life.

Well, a dead brain quickly starts to deteriorate. So, unless we gain the technology to stop that process and restore all gone cells and the structure they made, we could only replace the brain (though we're not even there). And that'd be a OS re-install and a storage wipe and a reset of most AI learnings.

But your right, a broken tv ain't dead, yet. A better example then:
Your (relative|friends|neighbors)'s perspective machine stops functioning for too many minutes -> dead.

This is a quite thought topic: i cant imagine what happens when im death because i see the World whit my Eyes, and i feel my envroiment,
so after my hopefully long live, everything ends, and there will be nothing for me, which is something i dont want to think of yet, as i cant imagine the "Nothing"..
So i hope, there is some kind of reincarnation on the base of quanten, so maybe my self will be in a new human or other animal, but whitout the memories,

Man, just read one of the world's worst discussions on simulation theory at the NDE subreddit. I'm not a fan of it either, but all of their refutations are wrong. It would help them to bring better science to a scientific debate. Most of them forgot that an original universe wouldn't necessarily have the same restrictions as our universe.

I mean, simulation theory is scientists waking up to the fact that there's not enough entropy in the universe for it to be random. Who cares if they don't wanna break out the G word? There's not necessarily any difference between an original universe and God. It's really better for them to avoid using loaded terms though. Some abuse survivors have severe religious triggers.

Who cares if they don't wanna break out the G word?

HrmFblPI.jpg

One post stated that beings of higher intelligence would have no interest in simulating universes. Going back to my point about original universes not necessarily having the same restrictions as ours though, the beings in the original universe don't necessarily need higher intelligence to simulate universes. For them, it could be as easy as imagining it. Then, one could assume that maybe they simulate universes specifically for the purpose of seeking higher intelligence.

I read a sci-fi story once about psychic aliens who were very interested in Earth technology, because they had never developed any such thing, having no need of it. I mean, the afterlife or original universe or whatever could be the same way.

You might not even need intelligence to simulate a universe. Nor do you need consciousness to get intelligence, you can have an entity that decided to simulate a universe without even being conscious of that choice.

I also like the idea that, even if we're not in a simulation, what we perceive as being the universe might just be a construct that makes it easier to achieve some purpose but has nothing to do with what's really there. And that even the sense of self can be just part of that construct.

In all honesty I didn’t expect this type of conversation to pop up here.

Ever heard of the Mandela effect? In my view it’s remembering things that I have learned in the past that were once true but now it’s completely inaccurate. Some say that NDEs are something many effected by this have in common.

Main thing with my own experiences is that I noticed inconsistencies with what I know and what the narrative is now before I even found the group online. I’m a Christian yet can’t even bring myself to read the Bible most of the time because of how bad the KJV Bible is with words being different than what I remembered.

probably threw a wrench in to the discussion but thought it related.

If this is a theory, the storage requirements by now must be going pretty crazy. We're both looking out further, past black holes and observing the warping of time and space, and looking down further, observing the quantum effects when you get to stupidly small sizes. You can't really explain those as us hitting the edges of the simulation because it's all so repeatable in different locations and situations.

The reason I don't think we're in a simulation is due to the surprisingly small number of bugs. Think how many bugs the average piece of software contains and then expand that to universe scale. We'd end up having things occurring like volcanoes randomly firing out snow, and clouds being solid as a rock but only on a Tuesday.

This is a quite thought topic: i cant imagine what happens when im death because i see the World whit my Eyes, and i feel my envroiment,
so after my hopefully long live, everything ends, and there will be nothing for me, which is something i dont want to think of yet, as i cant imagine the "Nothing"..
It presumably would be like before you were made. Wasn't so bad, was it. :)
One post stated that beings of higher intelligence would have no interest in simulating universes. Going back to my point about original universes not necessarily having the same restrictions as ours though, the beings in the original universe don't necessarily need higher intelligence to simulate universes. For them, it could be as easy as imagining it. Then, one could assume that maybe they simulate universes specifically for the purpose of seeking higher intelligence.
Just be aware, that every idea about, what's behind the curtain is mere speculation.
Likely it's preaching to the converted here, but:
"You know. They may be right." :D

Shure, once im death, the live for others ,may be just normal, and the whole existans will remain, but from my point of view, there isnt anything..
And maybe, its dosnt bother me anymore because im death..

Reactions: rSl
Shure, once im death, the live for others ,may be just normal, and the whole existans will remain, but from my point of view, there isnt anything..
And maybe, its dosnt bother me anymore because im death..
I'd say you won't be there to experience that there's nothing to experience. There'd be no your-point-of-view anymore. Like when you fall asleep, aside from dreaming, since there's nothing functional left to dream with.

Back