The Communication Cube

seriouslunch_conan.gif

Good morning Vietnam~

That's rather odd. Stuck on a train tree on line, crew sent to fix it need a proper chainsaw...if you're chopping down a tree, you generally take a chainsaw right?

finally got to work, looks like they were clearing the trees anyway and dropepd one, while just happening to not have a big enough chainsaw to deal with it properly

Wow. I just noticed a new-in-stock item on BigOffers. It's rather, um, how to say...? Twee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered something that made me rather happy: The Linux Emporium's laptop selection has finally become a UK equivalent to the US' System76 selection. :) I no longer have to concern myself with chasing up refunds for unwanted bundled software that I didn't ask for, and the prices finally seem to reflect the lack of that stuff.

Serious question...due to the fact that there are funeral directors who are actually in charge of "making the body up" in preparation for the said funeral...

I question the legitimacy of this story/article, so could someone please help me clarify it?

Late to this discussion, but what the hell :)

As you all probably know, I'm a registered nurse in the UK, so dead folks are my bread and butter. And yes, they often wake up. Two occasions spring to mind -

A patient died on the ward and was transported by myself and another nurse to the mortuary. When we got there, we had a quick nosey through the fridges to see if there was anyone we knew (as you do) and we came across one labelled "Mr. Christmas" - this was on December the 24th! Obviously we had a quick peek - and there was a guy with a large white bushy beard. The worst part was that his shroud was torn open and his ID ticket was crumpled up in his hand. We got out of there quite quickly! Later on, I had a word with the morticians and they confirmed that he had probably revived and subsequently died again some time later - and that it was quite common. Being in a fridge, he would have died quite soon.

The other incident was a female patient that had a huge myocardial infarction (heart attack) on the ward. Myself and the team of doctors/crash-call staff worked on her for about an hour and a half before it was reluctantly decided that we had done all we could and the patient had sadly died. It was left to myself and another staff nurse to prepare the lady for mortuary, which involves a proper wash and brush-up. During the process, I thought I could feel a faint pulse in her thigh - the Doctor was called and he said that it was likely the Atropine medication we'd given during the resuscitation which was causing her heart to flutter a little, so we carried on. When we rolled her to wash her back, she groaned as gases were escaping the lungs, and again the Doctor was called to make sure she was still dead.

She wasn't. We discharged her back to her own home three days later :)

So it can and does happen with alarming frequency - I just hope that if it happens to me, it's in the company of nurses and not in the mortuary :)

D.

OMG! I was going to compose a huge reply, but I'm pretty freaked out at the moment.

And what did you mean by, "We got out of there quite quickly!"? Btw, I didn't know you were (still are) in the nursing field.

Also, have you checked out the other boards lately? The Other Consoles forum section in particular?

OMG! I was going to compose a huge reply, but I'm pretty freaked out at the moment.

And what did you mean by, "We got out of there quite quickly!"? Btw, I didn't know you were (still are) in the nursing field.

Meaning that we were rather freaked out, so off-loaded our deceased patient and legged it from the mortuary!

Also, have you checked out the other boards lately? The Other Consoles forum section in particular?

Not lately - should I have?

/me heads off for a look-see

D.

Also, it's very interesting indeed to say the least.

Did you mean that thing Exophase is talking about on the other boards? Can't say it interests me to be honest - no keyboard.

D.

Back