The Communication Cube

Wording of an entry at Canada Post's shipment tracking:
Mar. 1 8:20 am Item presented to customs
Is it just me, or does that sound a bit ceremonial/celebratory?

Wording of an entry at Canada Post's shipment tracking:

It is, because the responsible party for losing/stealing/checking for subversive items in that parcel is now customs.
In SouthAmerica they steal even xmas hallmark cards, when they are too nice. Of course, lots of items are opened and re-packaged to verify for illegal content. And if it's too nice (oh, look, this sweater will fit my cousin)... it, poof, is gone.
Happens here too (Netherlands). This trick is used: say the user is not home (even if he is). Then let him pick it up far far away. But don't actually tell the customer WHERE the package is, let it be assumed (by not writing that down in the notice). Once the package is not picked up (one week), instead of sending it back, keep.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Nah, German Customs are sticklers for the rules. Once they had me come around, declare what I got there from China ('t was a vaporiser mod/device, i.e. a controlled electrical powersource) and pay the ransom. They didn't let me have it though, before I showed them that it had a CE logo somewhere. As if that'd mean something. If it hadn't had such logo, I would have asked for a permanent marker.

voLq0V9w.image

Great. Now it got cleared at customs without the importer (me) even being informed, i.e. without anyone having my mandate to do business with customs in my stead.
I'm looking forward to DHL's attempt at extortion.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
What's the quickest way to post a message on a thread you've already read?

Currently what I do makes me feel like complete idiot:

1. Scroll by swiping my thumb numerous times to the bottom of page 1
2. Click on the page button and type in the last page number
3. Scroll to the bottom by swiping my thumb numerous times.

Huge effort. What am I doing wrong?

Using Firefox on Android btw.

Also not happy about how the keyboard tends to obscure where I need to type.

Computers are so shit these days.

EDIT: not interested in any get an iPhone comments.

No idea about android, but I get a text box under each page where I can post in the last page. I don't need to go to the last page to post. I need to go there to read the last messages and know what to post, but since you say you already read them...

What's the quickest way to post a message on a thread you've already read?

Currently what I do makes me feel like complete idiot:

1. Scroll by swiping my thumb numerous times to the bottom of page 1
2. Click on the page button and type in the last page number
3. Scroll to the bottom by swiping my thumb numerous times.

Huge effort. What am I doing wrong?

Using Firefox on Android btw.

Also not happy about how the keyboard tends to obscure where I need to type.

Computers are so shit these days.

EDIT: not interested in any get an iPhone comments.

I do it the same way, that's why I usually use my computer for reacting. I don't use my phone much anyway.
My assumptions was that that's the reason people use dedicated apps like tapatalk.

This is what I see on my iPhone 5S:

m1.png

Using landscape mode doesn't really help either

m2.png

On Android I have a little bit more space due to the higher resolution:
m3.jpg

When I'll receive my Pyra, I will do exactly this. While trying to repress the "yeet".

"Others may not be as worried about their children." I take huge offense to this. SHAME on the BBC for publishing it.
I always loved the amount of trust my parents gave me, instead of micromanaging my life. But I guess that there's this agenda that says it's not your children, but our children, and the state should indoc^H^H^Heducate them.
Then I look at how in the past they (*farmaceutical companies) pushed for vaccination against cervical cancer for boys*... and I smh (shake my head). *(yes, I'm exaggerating, it's HPV but where are our mandatory yearly HPV shots? Cancer is the nr1 death!)

Germany is investing 100 billion into defense spending
This had me frowning a bit. It might be connected to funding a European army. It might also mean other smaller European countries might get uncomfortable in the future.

This had me frowning a bit. It might be connected to funding a European army. It might also mean other smaller European countries might get uncomfortable in the future.

They usually spend a lot already, last year it was $64 billion (64.785 million). As the original planned amount was below the 2% they raised it.
As the country with the highest GDP in the EU they have to invest, as it probably means their equipment would indeed be crucial to the total defense capability of the EU.
The French are involved in some wars already this past decade*, so I guess they are more keen on spending money on their military. *list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._modern_history#Fifth_Republic_(1958–present)

nato_spending.JPG

Yes, although a lot of Frances recent activity (I'm mainly thinking of their 2012-2013 Mali conflict here) weren't aligned with NATO intentions, so there was no NATO involvement, so no money going to NATO for those munitions and the fuel needed to operate them.

Back