The Communication Cube

Looks like the (Chinese) Evergrande group is filing for bankruptcy. This could have some impact internationally.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/china...-court-part-32-bln-debt-overhaul-2023-08-18/\
Quote: "China's central bank reiterated it would adjust and optimise property policies, according to its quarterly policy implementation report this week. Since mid-2021, companies accounting for 40% of Chinese home sales have defaulted, most of them private property developers. Longfor Group, China's second largest private developer, said on Friday it would try to boost profitability in response to changing supply and demand. The Beijing-based developer posted a 0.6% rise in first-half core profit, and said it would strive to return to positive cash flow this year and not take on new interest-bearing debt. 'The China property sector is like a black hole, so many developers have been dragged into it since two years ago after Evergrande,' said Winner Zone Asset Management CEO and CIO Alan Luk. 'The central government has yet to introduce (strong) measures because this is too large a hole to fill.'"

When I hear forecasts of economic decline the thing I worry about most is how being poorer will change our behavior.
What will people start doing when they are desperately poor?
What tactics will companies use to scrape every penny?
We'll go back to fossil fuels.
Become nationalistic.
Rollback liberalism.
Worrying.

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
My reverse psychology plan has worked.
  1. Drag heels on rejigging image editing program and zoo trip game
  2. Start working on FP IDE theme
  3. Drag heels on theme
  4. Start actively working on rejigging image editing program and zoo trip game again

Start working on FP IDE theme
Argh! If you mean Free Pascal, then say Free Pascal, you insensitive clot. FP is another programming language, and my heart jumped when I first thought someone else knew it !
Thinking of a current, functional (what else?) FP IDE may cause irreversible brain damage, you psycho!

Last edited:
Looks like the (Chinese) Evergrande group is filing for bankruptcy. This could have some impact internationally.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/china...-court-part-32-bln-debt-overhaul-2023-08-18/\
Quote: "China's central bank reiterated it would adjust and optimise property policies, according to its quarterly policy implementation report this week. Since mid-2021, companies accounting for 40% of Chinese home sales have defaulted, most of them private property developers. Longfor Group, China's second largest private developer, said on Friday it would try to boost profitability in response to changing supply and demand. The Beijing-based developer posted a 0.6% rise in first-half core profit, and said it would strive to return to positive cash flow this year and not take on new interest-bearing debt. 'The China property sector is like a black hole, so many developers have been dragged into it since two years ago after Evergrande,' said Winner Zone Asset Management CEO and CIO Alan Luk. 'The central government has yet to introduce (strong) measures because this is too large a hole to fill.'"
I don't know anything about economy.
I don't even feel like knowing anything about economy or much any other theology, unless it's much more fun than capitalism.
But I saw news years ago (> 2 years ago) about Chinese buyers being left without the flats they bought (on paper), when developers went bankrupt and didn't finish massive developments. Not one or two victims, but more like most of one generation.
Back then I knew there was a big property crisis in China, which was quite logical since it's the biggest capitalistic market. I wonder how the Chinese government has managed to kind of hide it all this long. If it was at all hidden.
When I hear forecasts of economic decline the thing I worry about most is how being poorer will change our behavior.
What will people start doing when they are desperately poor?
What tactics will companies use to scrape every penny?
We'll go back to fossil fuels.
Become nationalistic.
Rollback liberalism.
Worrying.
I long knew I'll die either from thirst or from someone killing me to steal my water. I'm too young now to die of old age.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl
I don't know anything about economy.
I don't even feel like knowing anything about economy or much any other theology, unless it's much more fun than capitalism.
But I saw news years ago (> 2 years ago) about Chinese buyers being left without the flats they bought (on paper), when developers went bankrupt and didn't finish massive developments. Not one or two victims, but more like most of one generation.
Back then I knew there was a big property crisis in China, which was quite logical since it's the biggest capitalistic market. I wonder how the Chinese government has managed to kind of hide it all this long. If it was at all hidden.

I long knew I'll die either from thirst or from someone killing me to steal my water. I'm too young now to die of old age.
It appears Country Garden (Chinese property development) is also going to fail. It also appears Black Rock (US investment company) invested 358 million dollars in Country Garden which would be gone if that happens. I don't expect Black Rock to fail due to that, they have an absurd amount of capital.

Btw. to prevent Beijing from flooding they purposefully flooded other parts of the country. This practice is common I think, some areas are designated flood areas but people still build houses there hoping it will be okay.
This time the flooded areas contain food production and high tech companies, so that will also impact the economy and possibly global food prices.

Last edited:
Just found out about this and it seems like something you guys would be all over. Apologies if already discussed. It’s attractive to me.

Intel and AMD cpus come precracked from factory, so I don't consider that 100% mine. But repairability is good, yes.

Btw, did you hear we now have chips on food ? Food for conspiracy theories, but anyway, was it really needed ?

Btw, did you hear we now have chips on food ? Food for conspiracy theories, but anyway, was it really needed ?
That has been a thing in the UK for years already:
fish-chips.jpg

The shock when I found out TSMC only made silicon wafers and not the one I got from my grandmother..
Quote from the article: "A hand-held reader can grab the data from the chips, which cost a few cents each and are similar to the ones that some people have inserted under the skin of their pets. The chips can’t be read remotely.".
I assume they mean you can't read them from a far distance, as they are not inserting the chip into the handheld reader they a wirelessly reading out the data which I would call 'remotely' (even though the distance for a human is very small).
The same thing was said for those chips in passports, and I think soon after the US had remotely scanned those chips from kilometers away in Iraq to detect terrorist. However I can't find the source for this, so just assume I'm (partially) wrong about that.

Btw. How the chip looks like:
pchip.jpg
(They named the chip: p-chip, so you don't get a regular chip, you get one with p)

The same thing was said for those chips in passports, and I think soon after the US had remotely scanned those chips from kilometers away in Iraq to detect terrorist. However I can't find the source for this, so just assume I'm (partially) wrong about that.
There were concerns that fighters in Iraq would make IED that would explode when detecting a US passport but I don't know if it ever happened.

The RFID chips in passports might be readable from a few hundred meters in good conditions (they're theoretically made to be readable from up to 20m) and with good equipment but I doubt you can reach them from some kilometers away.

Back