The Communication Cube

I would end up bankrupting myself if I ever visited Japan.

They don't just sell a lot of stuff that I might buy, it's usually also in a good state.

I decided to take a look at how long I've been a member of PGDP.

5OfM0ggt.png

Well im also need at least an Analoque Watchface whit Number to be able to read it, and even then i need a few seconds to figure out how to read it …
On the Apple Watch, as its got more „Analoge Watchfaces“ than Digital I always did ad an Digital Time Widged on the Watchface..
Whit the Garmin, the Digital Watchfaces are finally good looking so i use one that that looks like an G-Shock Display..

IMG_1234.jpeg

In the early 90s in 5th grade the teacher noticed that one in my class couldn't tell time off an analogue clock. They took time and taught him between or after the courses for a few weeks. Why do they remove the clocks in England? Use 'em!

That analogue clock story is probably blown out of proportion, but I also fail to see it as a major concern.
Most people nowadays can't read time on a shepherd dial or a solar ring or can't start a fire with flint and steel.

I have an Zippo whit an Electric Insert: I can recharge it whit my Powerbank i also carry so it should work .. i had an Firesteel a few Months in my Pocket Carry, but it was allways too dry outside to really got some changes for training whit it and as its quite pointy (or was it the starter part of it) its pocked some hole in my Pocket ..
Its not that much different to Flint an Steel, but the real challenge would be to make Fire whit this Firebow Technic ^^

Whit these "No Points for Typos in Germany" its actually more something some newspaper wrote to get some sells ..

I think it was more meant that in the first few classes of the elemental shool where other things where much more important ...

BTW firesteel is an invention by Austrian smart guy Carl Auer von Welsbach, hence also called "Auermetall". This guy also came up with the gas mantle for lighting and the metal filament in light bulbs. And amongst other things he discovered neodymium.

Last edited:
Interesting , under the Bushcraft and Outdoor Survival Hobby Peaple, the Firesteel is something like the Holy Grail (or the Pyra) ,
in Reality, its needs quite some preparation in compare to these Zippo or Big Lighters or these matches.. and you have more liklely an Lighter in your pocket than an Firesteel when you are in an Survival Situation..

Once i had start an fire whit succes, but it was whit the help of these thinderpads for the smoker..

But whit Firesteel, Matches, Lighter or Firedrill, : Its fun and gives you an feeling of succes once its worked, but you have to take care after that to keep the fire under controll..
Post automatically merged:

Interesting , under the Bushcraft and Outdoor Survival Hobby Peaple, the Firesteel is something like the Holy Grail (or the Pyra) ,
in Reality, its needs quite some preparation in compare to these Zippo or Big Lighters or these matches.. and you have more liklely an Lighter in your pocket than an Firesteel when you are in an Survival Situation..

Once i had start an fire whit succes, but it was whit the help of these thinderpads for the smoker..

But whit Firesteel, Matches, Lighter or Firedrill, : Its fun and gives you an feeling of succes once its worked, but you have to take care after that to keep the fire under controll..

Have you tried fire drilling? I tried once for an hour and failed miserably. I think I had the wrong wood. The bottom board has to be soft, and the drill hard I think?

Currently watching the following video:

I don't know how I ended up watching it because I don't even own any shoes that you can polish.

Back