The Communication Cube

So, the local store in my town had a Kodak printer kiosk thing, and it's been causing them problems for a long time. Finally they called tech support and they said they can't support that machine any more.

The store gives me a call to see if I want to come pick the thing up (they know I like these types of things). I took the thing apart and there was lots of awesome goodies. Anywhere from a touch screen to a bunch of usb hubs.

Then I got to the two printers inside. One them had no paper and used an LPT port, when I saw that one I decided I'd take that apart. Then I got to the other printer, full of paper, full of toner, and it was usb. I plugged it in and it said that it had no paper, which it had a lot of. Then I upgraded the firmware on the printer, and it started working! So now I have a free photo printer.

I just discovered that the fan/pump from an old hand-held vacuum cleaner is brilliant for removing and dispersing smoke from solder flux.

I can see what I'm doing again!

So, the local store in my town had a Kodak printer kiosk thing, and it's been causing them problems for a long time. Finally they called tech support and they said they can't support that machine any more.

Good it was no copier, this things often save the documents you reproduced with it...

bought a old pentium 4 pc for 7 bucks yesterday - don't even know if it works ( no power chord , no monitor ) any rate I am going to gut it and eventually build a gaming pc in it's old case .

hellollo , does anyone know who this redbaron person everyone is , that folk used to talk about ?

Because , everybody used to talk about the guy or put stuff about him in their sig  but I never saw the guy around . By the way  SONY , I just found your infamous bra pics and you ... bear more than a passing resemblence to me :blink: :eek:

So I had another great find. In my electronics class, students can bring in broken devices for extra credit. Someone had brought in a 32" TV that didn't turn on correctly, I opened it up, gave it a quick look over and found the problem. Two bulging capacitors were keeping the thing from turning on, I replaced the caps and it works now. Right now I'm typing this message on the very same TV.

bandai-wonderswan-tare-panda.jpg

eeemq6e.jpg

hellollo , does anyone know who this redbaron person everyone is , that folk used to talk about ?
He was more infamous on the old gp32x.de Pandora forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back