The Communication Cube

What is a "satanist" anyway? I get the impression that none of them actually believe there is a "satan", and that they are either simply antisocial (in the sense that they generally do not like people), or that their some variety of antiestablishmentarianist (eg. rejecting authority and/or social structures).

Many different types some atheistic some theistic, common tenets include rebellion against tyrannical authority and indulgence of pleasures.

Part of my motivation for the question:

And some are dickheads who ride on the shortest of buses.

What is a "satanist" anyway? I get the impression that none of them actually believe there is a "satan", and that they are either simply antisocial (in the sense that they generally do not like people), or that their some variety of antiestablishmentarianist (eg. rejecting authority and/or social structures).
I've known a few (some even were part of a church) and there's a huge array of Satanists, most of which don't believe in Satan (some do) but follow the ideals he stands for, like being your own god, making your own decisions, not bowing to authority, seeking knowledge instead of being obedient, etc...
Of course there are also occult peeps doing black magic rituals etc... but those usually end up in jail due to extremely questionable habits.

Last edited:
Some "Christians" can be amongst the most egregious forms of Satanist.
How does that work?
They would have to consider listening to the snake and taking the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge as the right decision, I thought that's ruled out in Christianity.

How does that work?
They would have to consider listening to the snake and taking the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge as the right decision, I thought that's ruled out in Christianity.

I put the word in quotes for a reason. People who hide behind the label of Christianity.

1 Samuel 18:25-27

Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

I gave that a try once, but all I got for my trouble was being asked to leave Buckingham Palace. :(

Back