The Communication Cube

... not sure if you are joking or serious. I have Debian/KDE. It comes with a horrible graphical packagemanager: Discover. You can only search once, and then, if nothing is found, you better restart it because it will not find what you want. It sorts eyecandy to the top, and buries the rest.
I still wonder if packages are compatible with Debian or if they "fight", once an apt-get update has higher versions, and parts of the software is upgraded. Interesting though to see it in action to create vm's
Post automatically merged:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/rtos/guix/chapter-1 ;)

not sure if you are joking or serious.
I am not kidding. I have lived on the terminal in the past and I am planning on doing it again. Back then I used the framebuffer for video's (even Youtube worked back then) and for PDFs. So I can still use wimpy graphical software. Otherwise, it is TUI and CLI all the way. Alas, no proper Unicode support because Linux Torvalds thinks that the real terminal ought to be only used in emergencies. The lack of proper Unicode support is my only regret. The terminal just does not support enough characters and neither does it support fallback fonts.

Right now I use Xmonad without DE. That is pretty great too.

HHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU that is definitely not what I meant…

Well. good luck in that endevior and keep us posted on your GuixSD journey.

Hurricane season predictions are starting to come out. They're expecting an above average season for the Atlantic, but it's important to note that the average itself has shifted. It used to be based on the thirty year window from 1981 to 2010, but now it's based on 1991 to 2020. This means the average number of storms has gone up from 12 to 14. Most of the predictions so far say 17 to 18 storms for this year.

Good news and bad news. FiveThirtyEight says the US is becoming less religious. However, it says that it's mostly Catholicism and mainline Protestantism (as opposed to evangelical) that are losing members, meaning US religion on the whole is becoming more conservative. Definitely lines up with my experience as someone who was raised Catholic, but never confirmed. They also say that rather than atheism and agnosticism growing, most non-religious Americans are choosing to be "nothing in particular". That lines up with me too, since I still believe in a god, just not religion.

Bah!. Tautology prophets are the worst. I prophecize you won't believe me. So if you believe me I'm a great prophet because I made you believe me, and if you don't believe me I'm a great prophet because I was right.

Last edited:
I plan a Mario Playtrough Project, but I don’t know yet which Handheld: It would be cool to make this on the GBA SP, but maybe on the Pyra I could have Savestates and Bluetooth Audio, as well as the advantage to have it whit me the whole time..

This want get Filmed, but I will post a picture of the cardridge whenever I start a new Mario Game..
but only the Gameboy Games, in DX Hack, and then the GBA Versions of Super Mario Bros 2 - 3, Mario World and Yoshis Island ..

I dunno, @Null I get that Amazon is a huge, evil corporation, but they're also anti-Trump, so it kinda balances out, right?

I actually had a theory once that Jeff Bezos called in a favor to Trump to get Trump to attack him, in order to make Bezos look good.

so it kinda balances out, right?

48342212752-17f6456f95-c.jpg

Back