The Communication Cube

Part of the "inflation" we're having is just monopolistic companies that used Covid relief funds to buy struggling companies that suffered from Covid and then jacking up the price.
Yeah.. so how do we buck inflation? Yes make money more expensive via higher interest rates but ultimately it's competition that brings prices down. I don't think the UK is a very competitive country. Lots of cronyism. I reckon the US will get prices down sooner but it's tough years ahead for much of Europe.

Yeah.. so how do we buck inflation? Yes make money more expensive via higher interest rates but ultimately it's competition that brings prices down. I don't think the UK is a very competitive country. Lots of cronyism. I reckon the US will get prices down sooner but it's tough years ahead for much of Europe.
There are multiple factors in today's "inflation". Some of it is due to war in Ukraine (drop in Ukranian exports, rise in energy prices), some is due to the shipping crisis (I remember people already talking in 2008 about how it was going to happen, and nobody did anything to address the problems) and some of it is due to monopolies rising prices because they think they can get away with it and blame it on "inflation".
Some people also blame it on the increased money supply from the Covid crisis, but it doesn't feel like people suddenly had too much money on their hands so that's probably economist bullshit.

Each cause has its own solutions, but the energy and shipping crisis require deep changes in our economy. Breaking up monopolies, on the other hand, just requires some state intervention. In the US, it looks like the Biden administration is working on it. In Europe, it'll be more difficult since European monopolies usually have state support because they claim to protect against foreign companies (and because of corruption).

Hey guys, got about $70 in my PlayStation wallet, and I’m considering preordering Sonic Frontiers. Are preorders for suckers though? What if the game turns out to be crud? What’s your opinion on this?

You know what? The game description says Sonic Frontiers’ combat features “dodges, parries, counters, and combos.” This doesn’t sound like my type of game. Sonic is supposed to kill all normal enemies in one hit, and all bosses in eight with only dodges, no parries, counters, nor combos.

Sonic Frontiers’ review embargo ends in about four hours. Then I’ll know whether I purchased a turd or not.
I've seen it on Gamescom and while it looks pretty, and I do like Sonic games, I wasn't sure if I would like this one.
The open world looked much more empty if I compare it with the Sonic Adventure games, but who knows: maybe Sonic is so fast you need empty space to run through.

Okay, so with 39 reviews in, Sonic Frontiers PS5 has a Metacritic score of 74, leaving it one point shy of being playable. Meh, I’ll try it for myself anyway. I’ve liked worse.

The open world looked much more empty if I compare it with the Sonic Adventure games, but who knows: maybe Sonic is so fast you need empty space to run through.
hey, some people like games like Elite: Dangerous, where there is much nothingness between things.

hey, some people like games like Elite: Dangerous, where there is much nothingness between things.
I don't mind nothingness, especially is space traveling. I see they did add more stuff to do in the game. But it somehow doesn't really blend. Like they slapped stuff to do in a world designed for something else. It can still be a fun game obviously.

I don't mind nothingness, especially is space traveling. I see they did add more stuff to do in the game. But it somehow doesn't really blend. Like they slapped stuff to do in a world designed for something else. It can still be a fun game obviously.

I see what you mean. yeah, like minigames (that you have to do to progress, so can't skip)

The bank is trying to break my wallet again.

You know what you have to do.

hmZGn49s.image

Back