The Communication Cube

the Green Partie wants to take the SUV and the Right to drive above 130 kmh
I'm against that speed limit. If I got to decide I'd say per default a car would be limited to 130, and depending on fuel economy and drag coefficient there'd be higher limits available - you could get a marker on your car. Trucks would only get to use the right lane and only be allowed two use the next lane for overtaking when there are at least three lanes.
And then there'd be minimum and maximum speeds per lane, like 220 max on the third lane from the right and 180 max on the second - minimums accordingly to lower risk of rear-end collisions - lower, not eliminate, or we'd all have to walk.
And who gets confused by that gets limited to truck rules.
Almost forgot, for attempting to overtake on the right you get executed or something. Luckily I don't see that often, but when I do it's a foreign plate. Which makes me wonder, do they drive more chaotilly in other countries, because their speed limits make it lower risks, or do they have to stick to lower speed limits, because they're such chaotic drivers?

Jepp, Germans are allowed to drive these unbelievable fast amount of speed, in fact: On German Autobahn, if there is no extra speed limit (there where some but they need to get showed, ) the only limit you have is the speed of light (but only because at the speed of light, your Energie consumption where higher than the Energie you have in the whole galaxy .. )
It's how I found out that people driving 100kmph are dangerous, because if you drive 200kmph you'll have to compensate the 100kmph difference when those cars merge to your lane without checking their mirror.
There is probably a good reason BMW and Mercedes is used in Germany. I also think I remember there is no speed limit but the insurance assumes you are partially liable if you exceed 130kmph.

Bunch of fff tea drinkers, you lot

hLqVbsfn.jpg

Zuckerberg needs to go to prison. Ideally in Turkey, Iran, etc.
Oh, that psycho belongs in jail long before, at least since he started automatically depressing users. But I'm afraid he might use the opportunity for recruiting and end up like some new Otoman emperor or something...

It appears Israel is at war. Hamas start attacking Israel this morning with rockets, used paratroopers (I've seen para-gliders) and has taken over military bases.
In the news it's reported 20 people have been killed during these attacks, but the footage I've seen would indicate a way higher number. Random civilians are shot in the streets and the military personnel on these bases are killed also.
Possibly the low number is from the bigger cities that have been attacked with rockets.

I expect a harsh reaction from Israel in retaliation to the attacks from Hamas and and quickly increasing amount of casualties on both sides. :(

In the news it's reported 20 people have been killed during these attacks, but the footage I've seen would indicate a way higher number. Random civilians are shot in the streets and the military personnel on these bases are killed also.
Possibly the low number is from the bigger cities that have been attacked with rockets.
For now reuters reports some 100 Israeli dead and 198 Palestinians. Macabre.Bloody wars :(

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
Well, I guess we can say Peony has gone from a delicate flower to a soulful connoisseur :p

Videos claim these are the streets in Israel. Civilian cars lined up seen over a long distance, passengers shot.
Hope I'm wrong, but I assume numbers of civilian casualties is way higher then publicly stated at the moment.
View attachment 38910
I guess this was at the Supernova festival location where at least 260 were killed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re'im_music_festival_massacre
The attendance was rumored to be roughly 3500, so I guess the silver lining is that a lot of people survived.

I also see a trend popping-up: Russia weapons supply by Iran, Hamas gets funding by Iran, and it's mentioned it other wars to. So feels like media is hinting at a war with Iran.

And some more covid vaccine rumors popping-up: https://public.substack.com/p/cdc-covered-up-covid-vaccine-myocarditis

Last edited:
  • Angry
Rumors about South-Korea being alerted by the situation in Israel, fearing an attack from North-Korea. I can't find any good source for this alertness though, North-Korea does plan a nuclear test but that is mentioned as distraction from the ongoing food crisis in the country.
If North-Korea would start a war the US can only support two countries. Not Ukraine, Israel, South-Korea and who knows even Taiwan. While no one is looking forward to a world war we might have one soon if the Korea thing happens. :confused:

Well, some sources reported preparations in August: https://www.nknews.org/pro/what-to-make-of-north-koreas-open-preparations-for-war-with-south-korea/
And South-Korea reported it wants to suspend some agreements to use additional surveillance: https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=360848
"Seoul's new defense minister Shin Won-shik said he would push for the suspension of the military agreement. ... 'I will push for the suspension (of the Sept. 19 inter-Korean military agreement) as soon as possible,' he told the press, Tuesday, in his first meeting with reporters after taking office. 'I believe a complicated legislative process is needed to fully abandon the agreement, but suspending it only requires a decision from a Cabinet meeting.'"
And the 'rumor': https://korea.postsen.com/world/226...by-North-Korea-using-Hamas-style-tactics.html
"On the 10th, the Joint Chiefs of Staff reported to the National Defense Committee of the National Assembly that North Korea is preparing for the possibility of launching a surprise attack using the same tactics as Hamas’ attack on Israel."

Last edited:
  • Sad
Rumors about South-Korea being alerted by the situation in Israel, fearing an attack from North-Korea. I can't find any good source for this alertness though, North-Korea does plan a nuclear test but that is mentioned as distraction from the ongoing food crisis in the country.
Armies do need food too. They can steal it, but they don't work so well if they have to fight another army and steal instead of just fighting. Well armies don't work well, that's an oxymoron, but hopefully you get what I mean.
If North-Korea would start a war the US can only support two countries. Not Ukraine, Israel, South-Korea and who knows even Taiwan.
Half the world has been willing for decades to get rid of the USA hegemony. But just as the USA can't support many wars, that half of the world can't either.
Russia was supposed to export oil and gas everywhere, have a huge army and enormous arsenals. Now Iran is selling them suicide drones and helping them build them, North Korea is sending train loads of ammunition to Russia, and Putin is forbiding oil exports so that there's some left for his army and farming. The Russian army is still huge but only because repeated mobilisations, because it had big losses.
China is huge and Taiwan is small, yet the Chinese economy is starting to crumble like it was a bubble. And is Taiwan really worth the effort or it's just for bragging right ?

While no one is looking forward to a world war we might have one soon if the Korea thing happens. :confused:
I think we already have one. The are dozens of wars around the world and in the end the weapons and geostrategy come from few actors, so the only thing missing (fortunately) is a formal declaration of world war. But the other world wars were in the middle of industrialization expansionism, and they burned surplus, now we are in forced ungrowth and we can hardly afford to survive even without wars. We should be fighting climate change, pollution and loss of biodiversity, not each other.
Of course we shouldn't have fought each other in the previous world wars either.
Einstein said he didn't know how the WW III would be fought, but WW IV would be with sticks and stones. Well, we're almost at sticks and stones level, but we have some nukes, which makes it dangerous. But I guess the incumbents plan to dominate the west, not destroy it, or they would already have nuked it. Let's hope the west doesn't nuke first. Well, nobody really.
Well, some sources reported preparations in August: https://www.nknews.org/pro/what-to-make-of-north-koreas-open-preparations-for-war-with-south-korea/
And South-Korea reported it wants to suspend some agreements to use additional surveillance: https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=360848
"Seoul's new defense minister Shin Won-shik said he would push for the suspension of the military agreement. ... 'I will push for the suspension (of the Sept. 19 inter-Korean military agreement) as soon as possible,' he told the press, Tuesday, in his first meeting with reporters after taking office. 'I believe a complicated legislative process is needed to fully abandon the agreement, but suspending it only requires a decision from a Cabinet meeting.'"
And the 'rumor': https://korea.postsen.com/world/226...by-North-Korea-using-Hamas-style-tactics.html
"On the 10th, the Joint Chiefs of Staff reported to the National Defense Committee of the National Assembly that North Korea is preparing for the possibility of launching a surprise attack using the same tactics as Hamas’ attack on Israel."
I don't know. For me Israel and Korea would look like very different places to use the same tactic, but I'm no expert.
I think the general theme is real economy doesn't work anymore, so leaders look for smoke screens, and wars make smoke. Authoritarian regimes are specially exposed, because democracy has a kind of legitimacy that reflects the guilt to voters for voting wrong (Even if that doesn't help getting food on the table), but tyrants are supposed to at least have their sllaves survive, if they can't offer that, they're in trouble.
Not very happy days.:(

• Sad
Half the world has been willing for decades to get rid of the USA hegemony
Post ww2 the West looked to and wanted America to set the tone and lead globally. They wanted them as a security guarantor (hence NATO) and were a welcome alternative to a Russia, Germany or Japan led world. Actually a sigh of relief. And it's definitely still true today, all of Europe is looking to America wrt the Ukraine war. Would you prefer China as hegemon?

Post ww2 the West looked to and wanted America to set the tone and lead globally. They wanted them as a security guarantor (hence NATO) and were a welcome alternative to a Russia, Germany or Japan led world. Actually a sigh of relief. And it's definitely still true today, all of Europe is looking to America wrt the Ukraine war. Would you prefer China as hegemon?
I said half of the world against USA, so the other half was for, as you say. The USA were welcome by some in some places and not welcome by others in other places. And the USA exerced influence were it could, not just were it was welcome, so it earned badwill/mistrust over the years.Those welcoming USA often didn't want to give it the power thay were giving to it but felt threatened by both the USA or the URSS, so it was not much of a free choice, they just took the lesser evil when they should have been able to take none. It wasn't an invasion either (where welcome).
I would prefer no hegemon, less globalisation, less interaction between remote places, and more democracy and subsiedarity in each place.
But hegemons have always come and gone without asking someone like me, you know.

Back