The Communication Cube

title: "Chinese lab crafts mutant COVID-19 strain with 100% kill rate in ‘humanized’ mice: ‘Surprisingly’ rapid death"
Quote: "In a Wuhan-esque study, Chinese scientists are experimenting with a mutant COVID-19 strain that is 100% lethal to “humanized” mice. The deadly virus — known as GX_P2V — attacked the brains of mice that were engineered to reflect genetic makeup similar to people, according to a study shared last week out of Beijing."
Source: https://nypost.com/2024/01/16/news/covid-19-strain-kills-100-of-infected-mice-in-chinese-lab-study/
Link to study: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.01.03.574008v1.full
Ah, the zombie apocalypse is about to start. Back in 2020 they said covid24 (or was it covid23?). So lets enjoy a few more months of quietness.
Are you sure this is not a new graphics card model?

title: "Chinese lab crafts mutant COVID-19 strain with 100% kill rate in ‘humanized’ mice: ‘Surprisingly’ rapid death"
Quote: "In a Wuhan-esque study, Chinese scientists are experimenting with a mutant COVID-19 strain that is 100% lethal to “humanized” mice. The deadly virus — known as GX_P2V — attacked the brains of mice that were engineered to reflect genetic makeup similar to people, according to a study shared last week out of Beijing."
Source: https://nypost.com/2024/01/16/news/covid-19-strain-kills-100-of-infected-mice-in-chinese-lab-study/
Link to study: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.01.03.574008v1.full
They should offer it to a team of researchers in Barcelona (Giuliana Magri et al.) who came up with a monoclonal antibody covering a wide spectrum of COVID-19 variants attaching to a good portion of the spike protein and so resistant to many mutations.
Or conversely, maybe it's safer to send the antibody to China than to send a coronavirus to Barcelona.
It's apparently good for both prevention and treatment in mice. Human clinical trial pending. Patent filled :(.They call it 17T2, in Nature Communications.
It's isolated from the blood of a March 2020 Covid-19 patient, and genetically selected from there.

I don't know if I should trust arstechnica on European law, but since it reads as good news... The European Court of Humans Rights (of the Council of Europe, not the EU) has ruled that government can't mandate broken encryption because privacy is more important than fighting against terrorism. Weakening encryption doesn't seem to work against terrorism and helps criminals in general, and human rights are above police convenience. Now I'm not very sure who will care about what the ECHR says, but it's one step in the good direction. Comments from the UN and even Europol were in the same sense, which is good.

You can thank me later. :cool:

WXazpCfY.png

I'm sad to report that I've had to have Peony killed due to the following incident.

We hear a health insurance advert on the radio.

Bloke: *Talks about the health insurance.*
Woman: What's the catch?
Peony: Yeah what's the catch bro?

I would like to apologise unreservedly for Peony's language.

A sad side effect of AI is that data is now being hidden more. If you have all data available for analysis any answer could be found in seconds in the future.
AI can build-up a profile of a person and could be used to evaluate your personality, for jobs or by your government.
So I just want to seize the moment to say: "I love AI". ;)

Meshtastic: seeing a handful of contacts about 130 km away and nothing much at closer range. Probably because they're way up there at 550 m sea level and I'm at about 350 m with more or less flat lands between us. Still very impressed by that low power board and its tiny antenna lazily duct taped to a window on my balcony.

DSC08749.jpg

Last edited:
As i have now my whole Rom Collection Gathered together on the GPD Win Mini, i think its now time to make a whole Data Safe of this, i will get some over folders whit the Company Names (Atari, Comodorre, Nintendo ....) and then one after the other System will get saved on my Portable SSD i did order last week and will receive today..
Should be quite fast whit 1080 mb per second via USBC, if i get a new Handheld some time in the future, i only need to copy the stuff over from the SSD..
Might be i also get it connect to my old Notebook, allthough its USB2.0 so it will take its time until i did save anything there..

Meshtastic: seeing a handful of contacts about 130 km away and nothing much at closer range. Probably because they're way up there at 550 m sea level and I'm at about 350 m with more or less flat lands between us. Still very impressed by that low power board and its tiny antenna lazily duct taped to a window on my balcony.

View attachment 39109
I got an external antenna with a magnetic side and a cable. Making it more easier to clamp it onto some outside object. Going through glass really reduces the range.

Current max. range for people testing ranges appears to be 254km / 158 miles.

Amazing range. I should build a little yagi antenna... and get it outside

Last edited:
Back