The day after shipping: Cases (2010-09-30)

You definitely want to remove the precious electronics before painting.
Well I figured that much, but the question remains of what type of paint to use. Slick plastic doesn't always like being painted... the paint can wear right off before too long.

Well I figured that much, but the question remains of what type of paint to use. Slick plastic doesn't always like being painted... the paint can wear right off before too long.

The worst you can do is make it look like crap. As long as the innards are out and far away from over-spray, I don't think you can really damage it. Well, not while painting it anyway, I guess you could break it taking it apart.

The worst you can do is make it look like crap. As long as the innards are out and far away from over-spray, I don't think you can really damage it. Well, not while painting it anyway, I guess you could break it taking it apart.
Well, of course. I'd remove the internals and probably spraypaint the case. It's just a question of which paint to use that'll last and not rub off.

Well, of course. I'd remove the internals and probably spraypaint the case. It's just a question of which paint to use that'll last and not rub off.

As Wintersdark said, automotive paint. Specifically paint labeled "trim and accessories". You shouldn't need to remove the existing paint, but you need to scuff up the whole surface with fine steel wool. When you paint you should use a series of very thin coats. At least three, with about 5 to 10 minutes in between.

As Wintersdark said, automotive paint. Specifically paint labeled "trim and accessories". You shouldn't need to remove the existing paint, but you need to scuff up the whole surface with fine steel wool. When you paint you should use a series of very thin coats. At least three, with about 5 to 10 minutes in between.

Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind, thanks very much.

Oh god, I swore i'd never do one of these dorky things, but here goes...

Nubs, nubs, nubs,

Nubs, nubs, nubs,

Nubs, nubs, nubs.

There's new silicon on the way to the factory.

Nothing but the best stuff just wait and see.

Gonna be way better than test batch #3.

It's easy.

The factory's trying to fix the failing parts.

They'll manufacture, box them and set them on carts.

The last piece needed before production starts - It's easy.

All you need is nubs, all you need is nubs,

All you need is nubs, nubs, nubs is all you need.

nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs, nubs.

They'll soon be packing them and sending them 'cross the sea.

To be soldered into pandoras just for you and me.

Pretty soon we'll be using them to set our retro games free (from wires)

All you need is nubs (all together now)

All you need is nubs (everybody)

...and no i'm not recording it and putting it on youtube.

Well... you asked for it.

A trainee at my company (who happens to be a musician) actually thought he should do an hommage...

And while the situation is more stressful and annoying than fun, we shouldn't forget to have SOME fun in life as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rvHJbmO9I04?feature=oembed

OMG AWESOME video!!

Send it to the nubs factory, maybe it'll help speed things up. ^^

Hahaha! Wow! That's awesome. :lol: Good job ED and ED's buddy, and congrats Perry.

Is this the first Pandora filk to get an official performance?

Also, is there any chance of an MP3, please? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back