The Famous Joystick..

Natrius

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
There's been a lot of talk about the joystick which soem like and some don't and I recently read that GPH will offer a new joystick or be working on a new one or something like that.

The thing I wonder is, will they just sell new separate joysticks that you can buy and replace the old one with and it will be better and possibly fix the "dead zone" or do you have to buy a new unit in the future with a new kind of stick on if you want a "better" joystick? :huh:

Perhaps a dumb question, but I ask it anyway.

Thanks. :)

the deadzone stays the same. And the deadzone is NOT the issue right now. The bad recognition of the Digital Stick is the problem. the GPH Linux can't correctly recognize if you push it to the right or up and I think this will be fixed soon. For some emulators however, this issue has allready been fixed...

A new stick would just improve the grip you have on it. The current one let's your thumb slip away quite easy and that's why they will sell new sticks...

The best place for an answer to this question is the official Gamepark Holdings site. Anything else would only be speculation or rumor.

All we know for sure is that the joystick has a few "issues", and that GPH is fully aware of them. I'm sure they are examining their options, but you shouldn't assume anything will change unless there is an anouncement from GPH or GBAX.

If you alreadh have a 2X and the joystick is driving you nuts, there are already a couple threads here about modding it for better performance.

Aha!
So they will not "fix" the joystick issue by releasing a new unit with fixed dead zone.. Yeah, the bad grip isn't anything that bothers me.. That can be fixed easily by different methods as have already been discussed.. I actually don't know what I think of the stick as my Gp2X doesn't work at all.. :(
I was just wondering if there were plans on fixing the dead zone.

Thanks a lot for your answers! :)

Back