The GP32 community.. after the GP32?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I don't know if GP32 will live or die another year; thats not what this thread is about, so don't get all misty eyed yet :)

Theres a great number of people I admire and respect in the GP32 community, from spiv and fader and rley and hando and guyfawkes and.. .can go on forever. (And Bonks with his scary avatar!) We've had a great community, and I hope it'll keep going for awhile.. here, gp32emu, and all over in IRC.

The trick is that people come and go, because they let go their GP32. Eventually everyone will move on.. soobn, or years from now.

But that doesn't mean the community has to pack up; we're all gamers and developers.

So.. I've been thinking of starting up a mailing list. (Yep, another one!!) Id' call it "gpgang" or something, and it would be for us GP32 community folks to stay in contact in; sure, I'm getting a Zodiac and will be hacking on it, but I dont' want to lose touch of the GP guys; and if GP32x ever goes away (no!), then it'd be a place where everyone knows where to go to find everyone again.

So what do you think.. is it just wasteful nostalgia, or is it a cool idea.. a refuge for GP32 and ex-GP32 folks to gab about their current and future devices.

I can host a mailing list directly; or a yahoogroup; I don't yet have a messageboard set up, but I think mailing listsd are better anyway ;)

jeff

*wipes tear from eye*. I can see myself taking my gp on a trip in 20 years time just to hav another bash at sonic to super mario. I still tinker with my gamegear after havin it for years. just because consoles move on in graphics power doesnt mean the playability doesnt still exist. The whole idea of this console proves that with the best games existing on emulators of systems from yesteryear. Id love to have a mailing list for those dedicated to stay fans of the gp, even if they move on to differnt consoles. Rite, im takin this far too seriously, its only a console, not my girlfriend :s

Excellent idea, much safer if us GP32 nerds are rounded up and together.

agreed. *GROUP HUG* * I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! B)

I love you too... sob... even though I look evil...

To be honest: I never found a nicer and cooler forum and community than here! :)
The first forum for me I'm visiting regularly since I joined here! :)

Count me in... Love the little bugger as if it was my own!

(Hold on - It is!) :D

Like most, I'll be getting the Zodiac, so (no doubt) "we" will still be in touch - But just in case, it's a very good idea.

I agree with the sentiment, but what's wrong with right here? I still really enjoy these forums, they still seem pretty active, so I think it's a bit soon to be thinking about moving on!

The gp32 related groups still exist on yahoo, they're pretty dead right now but we could soon liven them up again :)

Well, I WON'T be getting a zodiac so I'd love somewhere that I can still know what is goign on. I'm only new here, granted, though I will not be moving on to the zodiac. The GP32 does everything I could possibly want out of this toy. If I need a PDA then I already have one, If I want linux, then I already have it on my laptop. ALL i want is a trendy little hand held.. I'm pretty sure the gp32 covers my needs right there.

In other words, I wanna be on the list too.. :D

I sortof agree with robster - just because the european launch is cancelled doesn't mean we'll all stop coming here... the gp32 scene is still healthy. some famous book said once - DON'T PANIC!

Woa, lots of interest here eh? :)

I can make a mailing list right now (easy, only a snap); is that cool?

I'll have to do an upgrade on one of my servers before I can run a messageboard; do people prefer them?

Teh GP32x board here has really been cool, so I suspect everyone wants messageboards.. theres somethign charming abuot them :)

Let me know.. if you guys want a mailing list, I can set it up right away easy; but if a message board, then I'll look into it and follow up in a little while when I've got it nailed down.

(Same messageboard software as GP32x I think, as itsopen source freeware)

jeff

Back