The Gpsp

It should work, however compatibility isn't perfect just yet. If it doesn't, tell ZodTTD. Even though its not really important to have PocketNES working, anything he fixes will fix other games.

alterdimension posted on Mar 17 2007 at 12:08 AM said:
I was just wondering if the new game boy advance emulator will emulate pocketnes? It has a gba ending......
You possibly can but why would you want to run an emulator on an emulator when there are some perfectly good Nes emulators already available for the gp2x. :blink: (that was a mouthful)

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage posted on Mar 17 2007 at 12:17 AM said:
I was just wondering if the new game boy advance emulator will emulate pocketnes? It has a gba ending......
You possibly can but why would you want to run an emulator on an emulator when there are some perfectly good Nes emulators already available for the gp2x. :blink: (that was a mouthful)

well, pocketnes lets you to use game genie

Yes, but since it is open-source and undoubtedly uses a few tricks, it makes a good test case for bugs in the emulation.

craigix posted on Mar 17 2007 at 12:28 AM said:
I'd be interested to know if it works actually, i love emu on emu action.

vba2x already supports it. Its just too slow right now

craigix: you could run win98 with qemu and run a gba emu on that where you run the nes emu ... that would be a 3rd level emulation. Or you run winXP on qemu, on that dosbox and on that zsnes. You could also wait till a proper GP2X Emu for pc arrives and run qemu with win98 on your gp2x running a gp2x emu running qemu with 98 ...

It works, there are some weird bugs though. Sound (especially Noise) is "crunchy". Sprites are cut in 1/4 in Duck Hunt and invisible in SMB1. Also the scaling is of course undesirable. But it is fast though.

Nice!

I emulated Glide API so I could emulate an N64 back in '99. Worked surprisingly well although very slow.

GPsp2x Rocks, but it 's quite slow, I have only tried Mario kart @ the moment and @ 200Mhz (No O/C), not had alot of time for playing yet.

Looks very promising, Great work guy's. :)

Mario Kart is perhaps the slowest rom you could try. Believe me, the other games for the most part work a lot better.

And yes, you want to overclock to at least 240mhz.

Play Payback and you win the prize. I hear it gets 0.1 FPS if you can run it long enough. I would expect nothing less from Driver though. :p

Managed to get time for a proper play today,

I tried few games @ 250Mhz, very nice to be able to play GBA again after I had a little accident with mine
just over a year ago.

Been playing:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Bit slow
NFS Porsche - Very slow
Darius R - Playable
Mario Kart - Bit slow
F-Zero - Playable
Bomberman Tournament - Playable
Rock 'n' Roll Racing - Playable
Tekken Advance - Playable

I found that the sound was missing in some places and jumpy.

Still a fatastic emu, and more than welcome in my collection, great work.

I didn't mean the whole emulator, just the games that they make, the nes roms. It can give game genie on the roms, then you use pocketnes to make them. All I wanted to do is make it so that the roms in a gba emulator namely gpsp would read the games.

Blah posted on Mar 18 2007 at 12:49 AM said:
I don't get what you're saying.
I mean when you get the roms you want, you use thingy to combine the nes roms for one file containing all the roms. Thats when you can apply game genie. Basically, you use thingy to combine all the roms you pick and makes one, a gba file that contains all the roms and gamgenie into one gba file containing all the nes roms that you pick.

alterdimension posted on Mar 18 2007 at 12:56 AM said:
Blah posted on Mar 18 2007 at 12:49 AM said:
I don't get what you're saying.
I mean when you get the roms you want, you use thingy to combine the nes roms for one file containing all the roms. Thats when you can apply game genie. Basically, you use thingy to combine all the roms you pick and makes one, a gba file that contains all the roms and gamgenie into one gba file containing all the nes roms that you pick.

I can't really explain it really well, so check out www.pocketnes.org

Let me know what you think.

Back