The "I got a Dingoo!" thread

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
Hooraaaay!! We FINALLY have a dedicated Dingoo forum! Just wanted to christen it with a thread =]

Post here if you have a Dingoo already or have just received yours! It'll be a nice way to gauge how many of us actually have one (I'm pretty curious myself). I haven't gotten mine just yet, but it should be here within the next few days. =D

I got my Dingoo about 5 days ago! It all works and all, but I can't actually use until the end of June :(. I just had to test that it was all working, which it does! I bought mine from Chinavasion and was here in less then 4 days :D

Wiredbomb0 said:
I got my Dingoo about 5 days ago! It all works and all, but I can't actually use until the end of June :(. I just had to test that it was all working, which it does! I bought mine from Chinavasion and was here in less then 4 days :D
Whaaaaat, 4 days!? damn, it's been like 2 weeks already from dealextreme. Got the black one as well. Tracking thing still says it's in international dispatch. I really hope it gets here soon, I just got scammed out of my psp, I need somethin to cheer me up =[

Hi ordered mine from Pokmantech on ebay £66.98 inc postage, recieved it within 5 days. I can only say I love it. I like shootemups and this plays neogeo brilliantly. :D

I own a GP32 & GP2x and I must say that the emulators on this thing are much better than people give it credit (Megadrive aside). With Mame on the way and very promising things afoot in the spanish scene, the future is looking bright. :)

Just one last thing Craigix please give Jeff (Skeezix) one so he can give us a lovely Atari ST port, hint hint :wink:

I am expecting mine, maybe next weekend. It says that it has left Hong Kong on my Dealextreme tracking. :lol: *the excitment builds*

Mine finally showed up yesterday. I only had about 5 min to play with it before I had to leave for a family event, but I hope to post more in the upcoming week.

I got the black one. It arrived from Deal Extreme 8 days after ordering.

Oh, and happy birthday Russ

And another Black one arrived today....

Ordered on 22 april @ dealextreme, got it 7 day's later... nice...

I must say that after reading some other posts I find the screen very good.
It is clearly made to be used 90° rotated, but as long as you keep it straight or the right side a bit further away then everything is pretty dandy. Especially seen the huge cost of 83 usd ....

Now loading some games, music etc... curious about video (divx stuff)

Yay! Mine arrived today as well!! Black from dealextreme. Viewing angle is just ok, but it is very light and feels very sturdy. It's actually a lot bigger than I expected (and the packaging much smaller), but it probably has something to do with me ogling it this whole time on a 9" screen (eee 900ha, touchscreen arrived today too). I've yet to load up any games, but I probably will first thing tomorrow.

I got mine and am quite happy with the NES emulation. However, there is one thing that bothers me:

My Dingoo exhibits diagonal tearing. This is visible in some videos and in lots of NES games that make the screen flash, like Megaman for example.

It's the same problem, so it's probably the same cause as with the WIZ: they used a LCD screen intended for portrait orientation in landscape mode and the screen is simply not fast enough in this drawing mode.

Did anyone else notice this?

New to this forum. -Hello!

I own white and black Dingo A320's and I'm very happy so far. although the black one Is my "daily driver".

I've used Goomba to package my original GB ROMs and they play great, if not full screen.

I've read some great info on this site so far.

I just got my dingoo yesterday afternoon. :lol: I have been loading it up and playing. I am very happy and satisfied with it. I am really looking forward to having Mame on mine. That, PC Engine emu, and some home brew, hopefully some home brew ports, will be the icing on the cake for me. Hopefully there will be some tweaking on the Gen and Snes emus. :lol:

I've a black one of these things.

Haven't had a good look at the SDK thing yet, but have atleast gotten something to compile and run, which was a bit of a feat in itself.
The native 3D games have the same sortof style as early PSX stuff as well, and from what I can gather from Dingoo Games' site, the engine is geared primarily towards mobile phones.. so hopefully this is just the beginning of what it can handle rather than "this is it, enjoy!" ( and from looking at their site, I'd quite like to have a go of Dream Drift, since the cartoony approach looks better than Ultimate Drift :) )

Certainly looks like it'll be fun to mess with though, and I'll be having a proper dig through it's SDK thing over the week.

Sorry to hijack the topic, but overall you guys are happy with it? I've been worrying that I wouldn't be able to pay the $330 needed for the Pandora and this seems like a good low-cost alternative.

A Beaver said:
Sorry to hijack the topic, but overall you guys are happy with it? I've been worrying that I wouldn't be able to pay the $330 needed for the Pandora and this seems like a good low-cost alternative.
If a community gathers around it and developers take an interest, I'd say that it is a good poor man's portable. Im hoping that Mame will be up and running soon. I've almost got mine full of GBA games. :confused:

I gots me a Dingoo - the white one. Bought it off ebay for $63 + shipping (total cost $77.99).

Works great. Charged and Romed up out of the box. The AV Out is awesome. I already have a GBA / GBA SP / GB Micro / DS Lite - all with flash cards/carts - and a custom firmwared PSP Slim - but this is my first homebrew (non-hacked) "open source" system. I didn't think I'd win the auction that low, so it was kinda not something I planned on getting. But it's here, and I like it. So far so good.

Back