The Left Speaker Blocked Or Something....

darionapole

well, today i was listening some music in the bus with my headphones...when i got home, i unplugged it and noticed that the gp2x's left speaker didn't sound. i thought that it would be a bad contact like with the power hole but after a lot of time trying i couldn't get it to work again....
Tried cleaning it with contacts cleaner, wd40 and what not....tryed with a needle and pluging and unplugin the headphones' plug but nothing worked.
The headphones still sound in stereo, but i dunno another way to unlock it u.u
any idea?

edit: exchanged the speakers and it works, so it's not broken,

laharl said:
well, today i was listening some music in the bus with my headphones...when i got home, i unplugged it and noticed that the left speaker didn't sound. i thought that it would be a bad contact like with the power hole but after a lot of time trying i couldn't get it to work again....
Tried cleaning it with contacts cleaner, wd40 and what not....tryed with a needle and pluging and unplugin the headphones' plug but nothing worked.
The headphones still sound in stereo, but i dunno another way to unlock it u.u
any idea?
If your headphones are working it is highly likely your speaker is broken, if you have a multimeter check the resistance of the speaker
I have also found that the headphone socket is faulty, check he contacts that open and close when you plug in your headphone

Last edited by a moderator:
i checked the left speaker and it works.
but how do i "check" the socket? i mean....i opened the gp2x and tried moving the internal parts with a needle and with the headphone plug but none seems to work.

this happened to me once a lot ago but i fixed moving it with the headphone's plug, but only did it 2 o 3 times, never this much.

laharl said:
i checked the left speaker and it works.
but how do i "check" the socket? i mean....i opened the gp2x and tried moving the internal parts with a needle and with the headphone plug but none seems to work.

this happened to me once a lot ago but i fixed moving it with the headphone's plug, but only did it 2 o 3 times, never this much.
The contacts in the socket get tired and no longer make connection best thing is to replace the socket because if you fix it it will go faulty again

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, i'll see what can i do, i'm not very fond of using the soldering iron in this kind of devices ^^U

Back