The Lottery and Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in with $55 today, walked out with zilch. I won $20 during, but all that meant is that I played $75 worth of scratchers. Still, good times.

Played two $30 scratchers today, lost on both. Now I’m out of weekly cash. Probably a good thing, as I need to lose weight, and my groceries are getting low, and I tend to order pizzas when my groceries are low.

Eating pizza is a very odd way to lose weight if you ask me. Tomato sauce is very sweet, and even a thin base give you far too much starch with every mouthful, Not to mention the amount of fat in cheese.

@levi, you may want to read @JDTAY again. He's saying it may lose weight because he won't eat pizza, not because he will eat it. He won't order pizza because the money he would have used for that is gone (lottery). He would usually order pizza, but not now, because of the lottery and lack of pocket money. So he'll eat less, or something else than pizza, and therefore lose weight.

Eating pizza is a very odd way to lose weight if you ask me. Tomato sauce is very sweet, and even a thin base give you far too much starch with every mouthful, Not to mention the amount of fat in cheese.
It is possible to make sweet raw tomato sauce that does not make you fat, though. You can use those long thin red bell peppers for that. They can make tomato sauce/tomato soup/gazpacho very sweet. I used to consume huge amounts of that every day and never got fat from it.

@levi, you may want to read @JDTAY again.
Yes, you're probably right. I think I got confused because at the end JDTAY wrote:
I need to lose weight, and my groceries are getting low, and I tend to order pizzas when my groceries are low.
You can only interpret that as meaning he won't order then eat pizzas if you read what was before it:
Now I’m out of weekly cash. Probably a good thing
But only if you assume ordering pizzas costs money. That's probably a reasonable assumption, but then I don't know where JDTAY lives, only generally at state level.

You know, in twelve Powerball drawings this month, the Powerball number has been even all twelve times. The odds of that are like 1 in 4000. Of course, the odds of winning Powerball are like one in three hundred million, but it’s still suspicious.

Well, someone in Arizona just won the 473 million dollar Powerball jackpot anyway, setting it back to twenty million. Guess I’ll be playing scratchers instead of drawings later today.

You know, in twelve Powerball drawings this month, the Powerball number has been even all twelve times. The odds of that are like 1 in 4000. Of course, the odds of winning Powerball are like one in three hundred million, but it’s still suspicious.
The odds become a lot larger when you have many drawings. You need to take all those drawings where this did not happen in account, too.

I just lost $48 to scratchers. $51 if you count the $3 I won off a $3 scratcher, which I then used to buy another $3 scratcher and lost.

Hmm, I’ve neglected this thread. No big wins to speak of recently though.

Powerball and Mega Millions are both sitting just under $300 million. I might start playing them when I get more spending money this Wednesday.

Powerball and Mega Millions are both at $312 million. I kinda wish I had a Powerball ticket for tonight, but I guess if someone wins it, I can still play Mega Millions.

Aw yeah, just got numbers for Mega Millions and Powerball on Friday and Saturday.

Also lost $33 to scratchers, but let’s not dwell on the past.

Someone from Vermont just cut down a 365 million dollar Powerball jackpot in its prime. Oh well, guess that means more money for the Mega Millions jackpot. I plan to pick up a Mega Millions ticket later this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back