The Matrix, Virtual Dub, and Moviepark

liquidcross

Website
Visit site
Has anyone successfully made an .avi file of the original Matrix film for use with Movie Park? Obviously, one that fits on a 128MB card...

Yup my 1st successful moviepark movie :) 79Mb good quality needs a slight manual brightnes tweek in movie park brightness setting during the opening bit with trinity as its quite dark.

Yup my 1st successful moviepark movie :) 79Mb good quality needs a slight manual brightnes tweek in movie park brightness setting during the opening bit with trinity as its quite dark.
What settings did you use? I've seen so many Vdub "how to" pages with different settings, that it gets annoying after a while. Got any suggestions?

Oh, and how big was your source file?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok copy this to notepad save it in your Vdub directory as anything.vcf

Stat Vdub go to load settings and load the file you just made.
Then load your matix sound and video and then save as AVI

VirtualDub.audio.SetSource(1);
VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(1);
VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,3,0,0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1);
VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(11025,0,0,0,0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume(1552);
VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression(85,11025,2,0,4000,1,12,"AQACAAAA0AABAHEF");
VirtualDub.audio.EnableFilterGraph(0);
VirtualDub.video.SetDepth(24,24);
VirtualDub.video.SetMode(3);
VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);
VirtualDub.video.SetTargetFrameRate(100000,10000);
VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);
VirtualDub.video.SetRange(0,0);
VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x78766964,0,10000,0);
VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(316,"0H4BANAHAAAKAAAAFAAAAJABAAAUAAAACgAAAAUAAAAAAAAAVQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP////8BAAAAYzpcZGl2eC5sb2cAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==");
VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();
VirtualDub.video.filters.Add("brightness/contrast");
VirtualDub.video.filters.instance[0].Config(22,17);
VirtualDub.video.filters.Add("resize");
VirtualDub.video.filters.instance[1].Config(320,240,3);
VirtualDub.audio.filters.Clear();
VirtualDub.subset.Delete();

I ve created one too....directly off of a DVD rip of the Matrix..it was 1.8 GB.....encoded and formated down too 108 MB..great quality especially on video quality.

Try decreasing the video bitrate.....I used 70...it worked great

Cool, thanks. I'll try it out once I rip my DVD. I have no DVD-ROM at work, nor is there one on my Mac at home, so I'll have to use my brother's PC.

Here's a question: my Matrix DVD is widescreen, so naturally I got a widescreen rip. How can I compress that down to 320x240, but not have the screen get "squished"? I want to keep the aspect ratio of the film itself intact; having letterboxes doesn't bother me.

If you use MoviePark, the screen shown for the movie is about half the size of the screen of the GP32 - When you use the enlarge (Full screen) button, the movie is enlarged to the left and right sides of the movie picture - So you still get widescreen with large black bars top and bottom... Letterbox on a 4:3 TV as it were... Looks good though! :)

If you use MoviePark, the screen shown for the movie is about half the size of the screen of the GP32 - When you use the enlarge (Full screen) button, the movie is enlarged to the left and right sides of the movie picture - So you still get widescreen with large black bars top and bottom... Letterbox on a 4:3 TV as it were... Looks good though! :)
Doesn't it stretch the image to all four corners in fullscreen mode, though?

Last edited by a moderator:
MoviePark supports two sizes - 320x240 and 320x176 (ish... check the guide). For widescreen you might want the latter. That said, I'm sure VDub has filters to add artificial letterboxes and stuff.

Back