THE NUMBERS IMAGE THREAD!

0016831_pioneer-vsx-1131.gif

Crashed back to 1134. EvilDragon must have had his Dragon Box Shop hat on this evening and processed a few cancellations.

1134.jpg

Sometimes I think that if all the cancellations that have happened since I placed my pre-order were cancellations of pre-orders made before I made mine (which of course is vanishingly unlikely; the opposite is the more likely), then eventually I might make it into the ranks of those lucky few who will get their Pyras in the first batch! IIUC, the initial batch of 500 will actually be 600 to allow for rejects, and even if there were zero rejects in the bunch, there would need to be another one or two hundred cancellations before that could happen! There have actually been far fewer cancellations than it feels like there have been. (And sometimes I imagine it could be one individual (a real vacillating Val) who can't make up their mind, and keeps ordering and cancelling and ordering and cancelling... !)

The numbers are slippery at the moment. Time for another train in the snow.

9032.1453146643.jpg

A thoroughly truncated (short and stubby) slide rule for a thoroughly truncated number (1130):
KE_68-1130_PocketDecilon5_sn012785_GiftedByJamesJPennellCollection.jpg

Where's the number there? Personally I always throw away hits where I can't clearly read the number without zooming in.
It's on the front face of the rule (lower image) near the top right corner on the upper stator at the end of the DF scale, below the Decilon logo. It says "No. 1130". I don't need to zoom here, but it possibly helps that I already know what it says!

Shame we're still going backwards.
The numbers should pick up, I think, once EvilDragon places the order for the boards, and also the moulds have been moved and the new company starts producing plastics. I'm optimistic that we'll see Pyras shipping towards the end of December although I'm rather concerned that the software is so far behind because there could still be hardware problems lurking in corners that haven't been looked in yet, possibly ones that can't be worked around in software. I'd certainly be happier if the testing last summer had produced a comprehensive test suite to shine light in all the corners.

Back