The One & Only I've Got My Nintendo Ds Lite Thread

Are there any special trade in deals for a DS Lite? I've heard of a few, like you can trade in your old DS towards purchase of the Lite and you will only have to spend "little" money. I can't remember how much exactly but I remember reading that it would be cheaper than to trade in an old DS and then later pay for the Lite when it's released. Of course I'm not planning on trading in/selling anything unless there's a really good deal. It sucks though at most shops around here you'll only get $50.. that's bull.

Thomas Dequinas posted on May 13 2006 at 07:06 AM said:
Are there any special trade in deals for a DS Lite? I've heard of a few, like you can trade in your old DS towards purchase of the Lite and you will only have to spend "little" money. I can't remember how much exactly but I remember reading that it would be cheaper than to trade in an old DS and then later pay for the Lite when it's released. Of course I'm not planning on trading in/selling anything unless there's a really good deal. It sucks though at most shops around here you'll only get $50.. that's bull.

i very very very very much doubt that this is the case

you'll get more credit at the moment for an old style DS but it is madness to think that this will remain when the lite is released

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I'm thinking maybe there's like one particular store you could get a good deal if that was what the person was talking about. Coulda just been a rumor as well. If that's the case, better off just keeping my old one and getting a Lite since I already have $100 (plus $40 which is being spent on New SMB.).

I've also heard that newer DS Lites that have just been recently released are even trickier to get working with homebrew than the firmware on newer DS and early DS Lite models, how so? Can't you still use something like Datel's Max Media Launcher and a flash card/SuperCard? Or does this only concern FlashMe users?

Speaking of the light blue, how come no one said what an ugly colour it is? It's an eyesore, that's what it is.

- Alex

Back