The Parasite That Took Over The Body...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudepeople

Still Fresh
You know... I find it funny that all you easterners have no concept of "conflict of interest".

You see, this "Pandora" (filthy cancer) is not made by GPH, nor is it made by any Developer nor employee of GPH... it has NO real relation to the gp32 nor it's siblings. No. It is the COMPETITOR to the Gamepark systems! It was created as a direct result of the Gamepark series flaws and shortcomings! and yet it has infiltrated this site like a plague and very nearly taken over entirely...

I find it most ironic that members of this forum have begun to zealously defend the Pandora, even to go so far as to insult anyone who may see merit to the design and release of the Wiz (which is actually the newest Gamepark member, and the true heir to this forum) and yet, the site moderators do nothing to stem this invasion!!!

I guess it's because the Moderators have some hand in the Pandora development... In the corporate world, thats bad. even dangerous. I foresee the death of the Gamepark series at the hands of the Pandora... and I am sad.

I agree that there is an attraction to the Pandora, Even I feel it. But I also see it for what it is; the Bastard child of a love trist between the moderators of this forum and its frequenters. it has NO claim to the GPH throne. but it's here all the same.

Now, I know I'll be flamed shortly by the Pandora zealots. who have only read the first few lines of this post and started hammering their keyboards like drunken monkeys, I even know I will probably recieve numerous warning by the Moderators themselves (If not banned altogether), Hell! I even expect this post to be cast into oblivion by the same moderators (who feel a twinge of threat by the realization of what has been accused).

But I now speak to you, dear reader, only you who have taken the time to read and consider for yourself what I feel and believe of this new generation of Open source gaming platforms.

I do see the Pandora as a beautiful gem. I believe that, like the Wiz, it will be a truly great system. I believe that those who pay and take this system as their own will use it mainly as a console emulator for newer gaming platforms, such as the Playstation, N64, even the PSP and Nintendo DS. I even see them playing new and exciting games made exclusively for the Pandora and loving every minute of it. I even see it as a personal organizer and an excellent media player. But what I also see is this; No one who buys the Pandora will "game on the fly" That is to say, that they will not be sitting in a waiting room, pull out their Pandora and play. Not on the road, nor the waiting lines, nor in the theatre before the show... I see it used in hotel rooms, I see people playing it after dinner, or in bed, I even see it played on long bus rides, and on the Airplane. I feel that the Pandora (though extremely powerful) is simply too big to be a proper "portable" game system, more of a "heavy wait" and "casual time" system.

Now I also feel that the Wiz will be an absolute gem. and I think that those who buy it will be equally satisfied with their purchase. but unlike the Pandora, I don't see people "waiting to game". With the Wiz I predict people will play older console emulators, such as PicoDrive, PocketSNES, even SMS and GBA emulators. I even see them playing wonderful games made exclusively for the Wiz and just as I predict with the Pandora, they will love every moment of play. Now I know that the Wiz is technically the equal to the Pandora, and I also recognize, the size of the Wiz is also its flaw. The demure stature of the Wiz removes the convenience of I/O capability that the Pandora will carry. for example there are no analogue sticks, there is no full keyboard, nor wireless or Bluetooth. but in truth, these features may not be necessary for the casual gamer who wants to play on the run. While the Wiz is not as "full featured" (per say) as the Pandora, what the Wiz lacks in form, it more than makes up for in size. What I see of the Wiz over the Pandora is this; People will take it everywhere. In line, on hold, in their hotel rooms, on the bus, in the car, on the plane, I even see it used in Offices (In lieu of working). I see the Wiz everywhere it's owner may be and at every moment, listening to music, watching movies, playing games, all on the fly.

Reguardless of either devices functionality or placement, I feel that the release and advertising methods for these systems will force the GP32x community to eventually take sides in a brewing war that will finally be decided by the moderators of _this_ forum.
Eventually they will have to decide which system to support, their creation, the pandora, or their originator, the Gamepark. It is inevitable. The nature of competition demands it. Unfortunately I for see the functional interest the moderators and developers have taken in the Pandora over GPH... there is no other forum for GPH, no other voice in the east OR the west... I shed a tear for the Wiz...

I may be wrong... but I have been in the game for a long time. I haven't been wrong yet.

rudepeople said:
You know... I find it funny that all you easterners have no concept of "conflict of interest".

You see, this "Pandora" (filthy cancer) is not made by GPH, nor is it made by any Developer nor employee of GPH... it has NO real relation to the gp32 nor it's siblings. No. It is the COMPETITOR to the Gamepark systems! It was created as a direct result of the Gamepark series flaws and shortcomings! and yet it has infiltrated this site like a plague and very nearly taken over entirely...

I find it most ironic that members of this forum have begun to zealously defend the Pandora, even to go so far as to insult anyone who may see merit to the design and release of the Wiz (which is actually the newest Gamepark member, and the true heir to this forum) and yet, the site moderators do nothing to stem this invasion!!!

I guess it's because the Moderators have some hand in the Pandora development... In the corporate world, thats bad. even dangerous. I foresee the death of the Gamepark series at the hands of the Pandora... and I am sad.

I agree that there is an attraction to the Pandora, Even I feel it. But I also see it for what it is; the Bastard child of a love trist between the moderators of this forum and its frequenters. it has NO claim to the GPH throne. but it's here all the same.

Now, I know I'll be flamed shortly by the Pandora zealots. who have only read the first few lines of this post and started hammering their keyboards like drunken monkeys, I even know I will probably recieve numerous warning by the Moderators themselves (If not banned altogether), Hell! I even expect this post to be cast into oblivion by the same moderators (who feel a twinge of threat by the realization of what has been accused).

But I now speak to you, dear reader, only you who have taken the time to read and consider for yourself what I feel and believe of this new generation of Open source gaming platforms.

I do see the Pandora as a beautiful gem. I believe that, like the Wiz, it will be a truly great system. I believe that those who pay and take this system as their own will use it mainly as a console emulator for newer gaming platforms, such as the Playstation, N64, even the PSP and Nintendo DS. I even see them playing new and exciting games made exclusively for the Pandora and loving every minute of it. I even see it as a personal organizer and an excellent media player. But what I also see is this; No one who buys the Pandora will "game on the fly" That is to say, that they will not be sitting in a waiting room, pull out their Pandora and play. Not on the road, nor the waiting lines, nor in the theatre before the show... I see it used in hotel rooms, I see people playing it after dinner, or in bed, I even see it played on long bus rides, and on the Airplane. I feel that the Pandora (though extremely powerful) is simply too big to be a proper "portable" game system, more of a "heavy wait" and "casual time" system.

Now I also feel that the Wiz will be an absolute Jem. and I think that those who buy it will be equally satisfied with their purchase. but unlike the Pandora, I don't see people "waiting to game". With the Wiz I predict people will play older console emulators, such as PicoDrive, PocketSNES, even SMS and GBA emulators. I even see them playing wonderful games made exclusively for the Wiz and just as I predict with the Pandora, they will love every moment of play. Now I know that the Wiz is technically the equal to the Pandora, and I also recognize, the size of the Wiz is also its flaw. The demure stature of the Wiz removes the convenience of I/O capability that the Pandora will carry. for example there are no analogue sticks, there is no full keyboard, nor wireless or Bluetooth. but in truth, these features may not be necessary for the casual gamer who wants to play on the run. While the Wiz is not as "full featured" (per say) as the Pandora, what the Wiz lacks in form, it more than makes up for in size. What I see of the Wiz over the Pandora is this; People will take it everywhere. In line, on hold, in their hotel rooms, on the bus, in the car, on the plane, I even see it used in Offices (In lieu of working). I see the Wiz everywhere it's owner may be and at every moment, listening to music, watching movies, playing games, all on the fly.

Reguardless of either devices functionality or placement, I feel that the release and advertising methods for these systems will force the GP32x community to eventually take sides in a brewing war that will finally be decided by the moderators of _this_ forum.
Eventually they will have to decide which system to support, their creation, the pandora, or their originator, the Gamepark. It is inevitable. The nature of competition demands it. Unfortunately I for see the functional interest the moderators and developers have taken in the Pandora over GPH... there is no other forum for GPH, no other voice in the east OR the west... I shed a tear for the Wiz...

I may be wrong... but I have been in the game for a long time. I haven't been wrong yet.
You spelled Gem wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
rudepeople said:
No one who buys the Pandora will "game on the fly" That is to say, that they will not be sitting in a waiting room, pull out their Pandora and play. Not on the road, nor the waiting lines, nor in the theatre before the show... I see it used in hotel rooms, I see people playing it after dinner, or in bed, I even see it played on long bus rides, and on the Airplane. I feel that the Pandora (though extremely powerful) is simply too big to be a proper "portable" game system, more of a "heavy wait" and "casual time" system.

. . .

What I see of the Wiz over the Pandora is this; People will take it everywhere. In line, on hold, in their hotel rooms, on the bus, in the car, on the plane, I even see it used in Offices (In lieu of working). I see the Wiz everywhere it's owner may be and at every moment, listening to music, watching movies, playing games, all on the fly.
If this were true, then there would be no competition between the devices. ;) In my opinion there is some truth in it; in reality it's not that clear cut.

I want the Pandora to succeed, and I also think GPH deserves to succeed on the back of their considerable design improvements. I think most reasonable people feel the same way. There's no reason why both can't do well.

If you have a problem with non GPH devices in the forum, take it up with Hando! It's his site, and his decision. Pandora isn't "invading" any official GPH sites. :)

This forum is for Open Source game consoles, not just Gamepark consoles.
And who the hell are you to tell us which specific device to like?

PlopperZ said:
And who the hell are you to tell us which specific device to like?
He is IcoNyx, and he just earned a one week ban for sockpuppeting.

Like it or not, the Pandora is here to stay. It is unfortunate that IcoNyx sees this as a highlanderesque there-can-be-only-one sort of situation, because that is certainly not how most of the devs here see it. He has a right to be upset at how some of the overzealous Pandora adherents are behaving, and he has every right to express those feelings. What he does not have the right to do is to create a separate account and pretend to be somebody else to avoid the consequences of his statements.

If you want to speak your mind, go ahead and do it. Don't hide behind a throwaway account.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back