The Pyra is crying!

So is it final that we will have only two leds, not counting keyboard backlight and the logo? What is their designation?
Each of those 4 individually addressable LEDs (2 in keyboard/base area, 2 in lid) are RGB LEDs meaning that they are color controllable too.  In my book that makes each one far more capable than all of the single color LEDs as we had in the Pandora combined.
Didn't realize the ones on the base area were RGB as well, thanks.

Sounds like fun having different colours for the leds.

Post number 4,000...
Which is fine if fun is all you want them for... If you want to actually use them as indicators for half a dozen discrete functions, that are all randomly interspersed, keeping the signals straight as they interact in odd ways is going to be a nightmare. :(
-Neelix

Sounds like fun having different colours for the leds.Post number 4,000...
Which is fine if fun is all you want them for... If you want to actually use them as indicators for half a dozen discrete functions, that are all randomly interspersed, keeping the signals straight as they interact in odd ways is going to be a nightmare. :( -Neelix
I guess someone will write some software to do this.
It would be cool.

Remember guys the pyra will have the advantage of optimization. Until we get to upgrade boards then things might get tricky... but in the begining at least every pyra should be the same.. So that means even with 2 gbs of ram it will handle better then most laptops because everything is written FOR the pyra, or made to work on it... Only for it. Nothing esle. So our 2gb pyras will be able to do QUITE a bit. Just look at what a classic pandora can do NOW. See? with the pyra with 2gbs should last more then a few years, and it can only get better.

And if we can get AMD's help with upgrade boards then things could be very interesting and powerful! ^_^

I'm hoping the pyra to completely replace my laptop... since from the cost of it.. it will probably cost alot in USD... especially with how the dollar keeps on dropping in value  :ph34r:

I'm hoping the pyra to completely replace my laptop... since from the cost of it.. it will probably cost alot in USD... especially with how the dollar keeps on dropping in value  :ph34r:
Depending on your use, it might replace it. If what you do can be as comfortably done with a smaller screen, a thumb keyboard and the amount of performance Pyra brings, sure, why not :)

The list could go on and on...  then you could get into 'priority codes' that would 'push to the front' of the event queue and last longer than the flickers above (alarms, game FX, etc...) as well as additional states (standby/sleep/lid events/etc...), create a 'fire' fx by flickering red/yellow with occasional blue/green and more.

Those four individually addressable RGB LEDs have a lot of potential to be very cool.  Don't sell them short.
Don't forget to keep the "codebook" close by, so you have a chance to get, what the Pyra wants to tell you (anyone else currently thinking about about "close encounters of the third kind").
Totally useless, but cool idea that just came to my mind > an application that translates keypresses into morse code and sends them out via the leds in the logo

Depending on your use, it might replace it. If what you do can be as comfortably done with a smaller screen, a thumb keyboard and the amount of performance Pyra brings, sure, why not :)
I literally just use my laptop to browse the web, play downloaded youtube videos, play music and some games.... The pandora is used to write my stories.. the Pyra could EASILY do both and if the pyra can play minecraft comfortably.. then my laptop will become dust covered in no time.

By the way: how dos this "Blinkenled" thing works??

Dos the Omap Controll the LED, and you see on Blink Frequenzy what the Omap dos??

Or is it something like a bypass, which takes the part of the not working traces??

At your youtube video, its blinks, but i dotnt know why..
It is Linux 4.1. Configured (by device tree) for a GPIO (which is an output of the OMAP5 chip) to control one LED. This makes the led-gpio driver being loaded. And for Linux LED's you can specific a "heartbeat" source right in the device tree file. So as soon as Linux boots, it starts (in a kernel thread) to pulse the LED. No special software written. Just configured Linux to make this LED blink... All in parallel to giving us a login: prompt and a bash - but you don't see this blinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really got an answer on whether memory hotplug is possible to support...?

Probably not. Being able to physically turn power to individual memory components I would guess would add further complexity to an already complicated design.

My 1ghz pandora has replaced my computers for the most part

Back