The Road To Mayfair

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
Just a quick update to let you know that I've not forgotten about this.

I'm still unemployed and trying to look for work so the project is on hold a little while until things are sorted.

The fading splash screen and title screen is done now:

mainTitleScreen3.jpg

Some of the main game menu's work and I've started on the code dealing with the turns, most prominently, the bit's dealing with getting the board to go around once properly after minus-ing the dice score from the number of spaces on the board.

But anyway, I'll update more when I've sorted job and stuff.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you're still working on this!

Will the game be 160x120? I look forward to how you'll name those snotty properties and what special cards you'll throw in :)

I'd like to get on with this but I've had to move into temp accomodation with my g/f (long story).

She has a XP desktop and a vista laptop, atm the vista box is the most accessable - small room and loads of stuff issue.

Does anyone know how to get SDL working on vista business edition, all I get is a black screen before it goes back into windows, after I open the game executable.

Thanks.

I can't believe that it's been about a year since I last worked on this!

Anyway, attached to this post is the lastest update (windows only, as that's my dev platform).

The Arrow keys navigate the menu's and the "d" key accepts the selections. Press Esc at any time to end the program. The "d" key also returns back to the menu when in the options/credits screen.

Need to:

- finish the options screen
- add an AI bot
- get the turn sequences coded

CODE

http://www.stupendous-stuff.com/retest.rar

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see that your still working on this project! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back