The Top 10 Sprite Based Fps Games

panu

Still Fresh
I found this list:
hxxp://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/277.html

It's a representation of the top 10 sprite based FPS games...I'm would just want to know which one of these
could be ported to gp2x?I know Shadow warrior (#2) is already being ported and Duke Nukem 3d (#7) has been ported but what about the others?

Only if the source is released, it could be ported. From that list only Duke3D and Shadow Warrior's sourcecodes where released.

The source of marathon 2 too, but I don't think the GP2X can handle that game.

NoidZ posted on Jul 23 2006 at 09:56 AM said:
Only if the source is released, it could be ported. From that list only Duke3D and Shadow Warrior's sourcecodes where released.

The source of marathon 2 too, but I don't think the GP2X can handle that game.
Marathon ran on some pretty weak Macs, IIRC, so it should be possible so long as it doesn't rely much on floating point math. I think the big problem is that it relies on a few other things that haven't been ported. That's not a showstopper but it's added work that might be off-putting.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the original Marathon? That was the first FPS I ever cut my teeth on, on some old Mac, it was way before Doom if I remember correctly. It was great fun, great levels, graphics for its time, music/sound effects, and the weapons, enemies and story were cool and fun. I would enjoy playing it again.

Any possibility of porting it to the GP?

gamefan999 posted on Jul 23 2006 at 01:29 PM said:
What about the original Marathon? That was the first FPS I ever cut my teeth on, on some old Mac, it was way before Doom if I remember correctly. It was great fun, great levels, graphics for its time, music/sound effects, and the weapons, enemies and story were cool and fun. I would enjoy playing it again.

Any possibility of porting it to the GP?
No, it's still closed source. However, someone could port Aleph One (the Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity engine) and Marathon could be played with the M1A1 port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to play system shock 1 for a long time but I never managed to get a working version, still the thought of playing it handheld is mouth-watering. To bad there's no source :(

Back