Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by sepulep, Nov 4, 2013.
do you know how to install it?
Some question for this cool app:
1) Sometimes I lose the video but still hear the sound. Usually happens when I make the screen smaller to access the pandora desktop icons, then I stupidly touch the screen outside of the smaller video being played, which in turn makes the video disappears. How do I get the video back again?
2) Is there an easier way to get the pandora desktop icons, or to stop them being hidden?
3) Is there a way to scroll through the videos at a faster rate?
Hey guys, I have tried different things and I just can't get it to work. I have downloaded the community codec...which kind of took me a while to find, and still nothing. The App loads, but everytime I select a video it says buffering video...and then seconds later, stopped buffering video. :/ oh well.
did you use the repo.openpandora.org version or the newest (test version) available a few posts up? (youtube has changed the way they stream their video's, so the original pnd will probably not work)
I think its part of the python distribution, so reinstalling python may work (or update your firmware, since a new python version (2.7.x) was included)
1) I think it should be in your taskbar menu minimized
2) not sure if I understand you here: if you minimize the video, do you see the desktop icons?
3) probably not (but how slow it is depends on your internet connection) each page is fetched seperately at the moment
The problem I have is trying to minimize the software to see the taskbar. When you first load up TheTube, the taskbar is no longer visible. So how do I minimize?
(I have a feeling I am missing something really obvious)
Alright, I'll try that one again. It didn't work for me the first time, maybe it will work for me now. Thanks.
the repo version has been updated with mpv; tvout is still broken though..
major oops here:
(so it seems its still possible to get the http links and use the firmware codec pack mplayer)
will fix this again...
new version should be up shortly
new version; faster youtube queries with pafy and neon optimized X11 playback with mpv..
Will this be available for the Pyra, when such comes out?
There's no reason why it wouldnt. The code is open.
But on Pyra you wouldn't need it since you can probably directly access youtube from the browser with great speed.
both are correct - in addition, being written in python it needs little porting, in fact if you can run already on any (linux) desktop (assuming python and mplayer are available)..long term, this kind of players
are maybe more limited by what google decides to do with youtube...
Ah but the interface is better. So I would prefer this.
I like this tool, youtube videos in 360p are now smooth on my Pandora, thank you
new version, api deprecation fix, needs a bit of polish and testing
Does tv out work with mpv now?
should work, select main layer in TV out configuration
Awesome, and is there a way to pass queries from command line so we can create a launch script or shortcut for our browsers of choice?
Separate names with a comma.