The Ultimate Question

Ur Fave

• Snes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genesis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Well, I'm a Sega fanboy as well. So like DUH I vote Genesis. It's like the most awesomest machine ever. I never got into SNES. Never had one and never cared for one. Sega was always big in our household. I even prefer the original NES to SNES. And it was nice to know Sega of America didn't puss out when the original Mortal Kombat was made and they at least allowed you to put in a code to activate the blood. Really, it would've been nice to see a 6-button controller originally, but hey, it ended up being nice to use than the SNES controller anyways.

And people liking the system for its emulation are stupid. Yeah, a good library of games is important, but loving a console is different than liking its software. You have to be able to appreciate all aspects of the system.

genesis.

or megadrive here in the uk rocked big time.it had cool fast action games.I HATE RPGS so thats not an argument.

rpg= 0]read for an hour, 1]move, 2]read for an hour, 3]encounter random battle, 4]choose attacks from list, 5]goto stage 4 six times. 6]returnto stage1, aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!! noooooooo!!!!

megadrive also outsold snes by about 2 to 1 here in the uk nuff said.snes was good but always second to genesis.
What you on about :huh: , snes sound was officialy better than megadrive sound and I live in the UK and loads of my friends prefeared snes. not all rpg's were turn based <_< , mr. I think I know it all! I agree that alot of the megadrive/genisis action games where better than the ones on snes ( streets of rage ) but there where a few gems like super metrioed, mario, Seiken Densetsu 3, contra and a few more. BUT I can understand as you do not like rpg's, its just your stats are wrong, megadrive had better sound :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Thats funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the SNES is the more powerful concolse with probably better games but I was brought up witht the genesis (mega drive over ere) so I had to vote for it.

genesis.

or megadrive here in the uk rocked big time.it had cool fast action games.I HATE RPGS so thats not an argument.

rpg= 0]read for an hour, 1]move, 2]read for an hour, 3]encounter random battle, 4]choose attacks from list, 5]goto stage 4 six times. 6]returnto stage1, aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!! noooooooo!!!!

megadrive also outsold snes by about 2 to 1 here in the uk nuff said.snes was good but always second to genesis.
What you on about :huh: , snes sound was officialy better than megadrive sound and I live in the UK and loads of my friends prefeared snes. not all rpg's were turn based <_< , mr. I think I know it all! I agree that alot of the megadrive/genisis action games where better than the ones on snes ( streets of rage ) but there where a few gems like super metrioed, mario, Seiken Densetsu 3, contra and a few more. BUT I can understand as you do not like rpg's, its just your stats are wrong, megadrive had better sound :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Thats funny.
WTF do you keep rattling on about sound for?

Genesis all the way - apart from a couple marios and Great RPG`s the genesis kicks SNES ass - even if not technically

Genesis controllers were the best EVER designed controller until the PSX came along. SNES pad - dont make me laugh

Plus There is no game brand Better than SEGA, Nintendo would be great, if i was 5 but the Sega brand did the cool thing before Sony

Sure SNES had more colours but Genesis had a better processor.
:lol:

Remember, kids, more Mhz doesn't mean faster. (e.g. the Dreamcast's 200 Mhz processer has 4x the power of a PIII 450 Mhz in floating point operations for 3d geometry calculations). The SNES and Genesis had different types of processors so a straight Mhz for Mhz comparison is USELESS.

Even if Mhz was somehow the only measure of a processer's power, the SNES had more of that - running up to 22 Mhz (in some late games such as SF Alpha II)

The 32x was Sega's attempt to catch up with the SNES. We all know how well it worked.

SNES - more power, more sound, more colors, hardware graphics - the Genesis is inferior in every way.

Genesis controllers were the best EVER designed controller until the PSX came along. SNES pad - dont make me laugh
Wierd. I always thought the PSX pads were basically Snes pads with bits sticking out. Strange to adore one yet hate the other - Just my opinion though. I had a Mega Drive and a Snes and adored them both. I voted Snes as it had Zelda and Mario Kart which are two of my favourite games of the 16 bit era.

I always thought the PSX pads were basically Snes pads with bits sticking out. Strange to adore one yet hate the other
yes the original psx pads were scum and cheap - like the snes pad. BUT the dual shocks were on another level.......they were well made (apart from when you chucked them on the floor a lot the analogue sticks got fucked up), the buttons were nice and responsive and felt good to press and your hand fitted around it perfectly. The psx pads are and will be the best pads ever.

Well SNES is whooping the mega drives ass in this poll nearly 2 to 1, nuff said!

Am I the only one who think 70-30% is surprising *not* ass-whooping? After all, the SNES is clearly the most advanced console, yet 30% of people prefer the Megadrive.

That's pretty good going! I quite like both of them, but the SNES is such a pain from an emulation point of view that I kind of prefer the Megadrive

yes the original psx pads were scum and cheap - like the snes pad. BUT the dual shocks were on another level.......they were well made (apart from when you chucked them on the floor a lot the analogue sticks got fucked up), the buttons were nice and responsive and felt good to press and your hand fitted around it perfectly. The psx pads are and will be the best pads ever.
Ah yes I forgot about the dual shock pads on the PSX. My bad. I had a Saturn at the time and was enjoying Street Fighter Alpha with all the buttons in the right place. ;) PSX pads are decent for everything else though I admit.

It's funny all the anti Mega Drive/Genesis posts here after all the praise to GigaDrive (rightly so mind). The Mega Drive/Genesis seemed rather popular then.

is it stupid that i have never played a saturn? it looked like a good console but since i barely got around to buying a ps there was no chance of getting one

Back